CHICAGO, May 4, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- CNA today announced significant improvements to Umbrella & Excess policy forms. The new, modernized Umbrella & Excess product is available on a monoline basis, and also as part of CNA Paramount®, the industry-leading Property and General Liability package policy.
"We've developed these forms based on agent, broker and insured feedback," said Michael Kirchgessner, Vice President, Umbrella & Excess, Underwriting, CNA. "The latest policy forms are straightforward and are ideal for our customers needing more than just a primary policy."
The new forms include:
- Commercial Umbrella & Excess form (A/B) to facilitate contract certainty and eliminate potential gaps created by variations in underlying terms and conditions.
- Follow Form Excess policy, allowing for enhanced follow form capabilities, helping to facilitate the contract certainty and align coverages within the tower.
The A/B form was built to follow and fit CNA Paramount®, the package policy designed for mid-sized businesses. CNA can provide a seamless approach to coverage consistency by offering umbrella coverage aligned with the package policy.
Key coverages include:
- Primary Non Contributory where required by contract and provided by the underlying policy
- Crisis Management, with notice within 72 hours as opposed to 24 like other carriers
- Broadened Key Employee Replacement coverages, including permanent disability and PR expenses related to the death or permanent disability of a key employee
- Most Favorable Venue
- Firm Duty to Defend
- Per Project/Per Location Aggregate (follows the underlying policy)
- Waiver of Rights of Recovery (Waiver of Subrogation)
"We've leveraged our experience from CNA Paramount for property and general liability to build an umbrella form that encompasses the same simplicity and easy-to-read policy. This means that agents can be more certain that there is coverage consistency between their base CNA Paramount and Umbrella policies," Kirchgessner added.
For more information on CNA's new Commercial Umbrella & Excess forms, please contact Michael Kirchgessner at 312-822-1179 or via email at Joseph.Kirchgessner@cna.com.
Serving businesses and professionals since 1897, CNA is the country's eighth largest commercial insurance writer and the 14th largest property and casualty company. CNA's insurance products include standard commercial lines, specialty lines, surety, marine and other property and casualty coverages. CNA's services include risk management, information services, underwriting, risk control and claims administration. For more information, please visit CNA at www.cna.com. "CNA" is a service mark registered by CNA Financial Corporation with the United States Patent and Trademark Office. Certain CNA Financial Corporation subsidiaries use the "CNA" service mark in connection with insurance underwriting and claims activities.
Brandon Davis, 312-822-5167 / 312-834-6091
Sarah Pang, 312-822-6394 / 312-607-5544
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/cna-unveils-new-commercial-umbrella--excess-liability-forms-300262389.html