SAN FRANCISCO, Nov. 12, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Cobalt, the premier manufacturer of design-centric private aircrafts, today launched its first two models – the Co50 Valkyrie and the Valkyrie-X, available for U.S. pre-order starting today at www.cobalt-aircraft.com. The Cobalt Valkyrie-X is an experiential version while the Co50 Valkyrie is the fully certified model.
The Valkyrie models are stunningly sleek, modern aircraft that are super fast, safe and easy to fly.
"10 years ago, I had a vision to disrupt the aviation industry with an innovative private aircraft, that is not only technologically sound and safe, but also design-centric and luxurious," said David Loury, founder and chief executive officer of Cobalt. "Today, Cobalt is no longer just a prototype. It's a world class aircraft, complete with advanced safety, technology, and modern design features for travel-loving consumers and aviation enthusiasts."
The Top 5 Features: Introducing the Co50 Valkyrie and Valkyrie-X
- Built for speed. The Valkyrie is the fastest private aircraft in its class with the ability to travel up to 260 knots. In contrast, other single engine piston aircraft usually tap out at 242 knots. Cobalt's Valkyrie is the fastest single engine piston plane in its category.
- Super safe. The Valkyrie is a canard aircraft, equipped with a forewing to prevent the plane from stalling in the air. This provides a tremendous peace of mind to pilots and ensures the industry's safest landings and takeoffs. Cobalt promotes the highest standards of safety in the industry. An onboard parachute is also provided for an additional sense of security.
- Modern, elegant design and craftsmanship. Inspired by classic fighter jets with clean lines and premium finishes, the Valkyrie impresses with understated elegance. The exterior comes in a range of custom finishes including dark colors, typically harder on composites. The interior features premium leather seats, hand stitched by former Hermes craftsmen. The dashboard design is equally impressive with only one on/off switch and a tasteful place for your iPad. Cobalt will exclusively manufacture the Valkyrie in California to ensure quality standards and fast delivery to early buyers.
- Amazing visibility. Pilots flying Cobalt's Valkyrie will appreciate the beautiful, expansive visibility above and below. Valkyrie has the largest one-piece canopy in the world and unrivaled visibility with a 320-degree view.
- Luxurious comfort. The Valkyrie comfortably seats five people, including the pilot, with ample storage for golf clubs, skis and suitcases. The Valkyrie's propulsion engine is located in the rear of the plane, allowing for a quiet, comfortable cabin.
- Category: 5-seat Single Engine Piston
- Turbocharged 350HP, retractable, IFR-capable
- Oxygenized, non-pressurized
- Cruise range: 1050 nautical miles (nmi) with NBAA IFR reserves
- Customization: Interior and exterior are fully customizable upon request
- Exact dimensions: 30 feet long x 30 feet wide x 10 feet high
Pricing and Availability
The Cobalt Co50 Valkyrie is the certified version, now available for U.S. pre-order. Reserve your spot in the limited pre-order at www.cobalt-aircraft.com. All pre-orders can be secured with a $15,000 deposit. The Co50 Valkyrie costs $699,000 in full and is targeted to be available in Summer 2017.
Pricing for the Valkyrie-X will start at $595,000 with an estimated production period of six months. There is no deposit required.
Cobalt's mission is to transform the private aircraft experience with a new category of planes that are design-centric, stunningly sleek, modern, as well as super fast, safe and easy to fly. Cobalt's founder and CEO, David Loury, an aerospace engineer, French entrepreneur and designer, had the vision to improve the flying experience 10 years ago when he founded Cobalt. Cobalt's first plane, the Co50 Valkyrie, debuted in San Francisco and is now available for U.S. pre-orders.
For more information, please visit www.cobalt-aircraft.com.