BILLINGS, Mont., March 26, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Depending on the severity of the situation, they suggest caution when traveling to an area where a warning is active and, if possible, consider restricting travel completely when necessary. The warnings and alerts can be issued due to a variety of circumstances including terrorist activity, unstable governments, civil wars or other threats of crime or violence.
On March 22, 2016, the State Department issued an alert for travel to all of Europe due to recent terrorist attacks which occurred in Brussels and were claimed by ISIL. The possibility of attacks in the near future remains high, and public places like restaurants, tourist attractions, airports, train stations and sporting events are often targeted by terrorists. The Department of State also advises extreme caution during religious holidays or other events. This warning is set to remain until June 20, 2016.
Other alerts and warnings for March 2016 include:
- Turkey travel warning issued March 17th - On-going threat
- Republic of Congo alert issued of March 17th - Travel Alert expires on April 15, 2016.
- Iran Travel warning issued on March 14th - On-going threat
- Haiti Travel alert Issued March 11th - Travel Alert expires on June 10, 2016.
- Burundi Travel warning issued on March 11th - On-going threat
- Laos Travel alert issues on March 7th - Travel Alert concerning Xaisomboun Province and it expires on May 30, 2016
- Algeria Travel warning issued on March 1st - On-going threat
U.S. citizens are encouraged to monitor the government site, social media and local information when considering travel plans. Other things to consider include leaving an itinerary with family and keep in touch, expect delays due to additional security screening, register with the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) and in an emergency, follow the instructions of the local authorities.
For more warnings, alerts, updates and information see the Department of State's travel website here.
Coconut Club Vacations is a value members-only travel club providing members with member benefits which range from access to discounted travel to packages and tours as well as consumer benefits.
This press release was issued through 24-7PressRelease.com. For further information, visit http://www.24-7pressrelease.com.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/coconut-club-vacations-reviews-travel-alerts-and-travel-warnings-for-march-2016-300241498.html
SOURCE Coconut Club Vacations