BROOKLYN, N.Y., May 31, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- CoffeeCon NY comes to Brooklyn on Saturday, June 4, 2016. Taste the best coffees, fresh-roasted and continuously craft brewed. Learn all about the art of brewing. Five classrooms deliver 20+ different classes in AeroPress, Chemex, Hario V60, siphon (vacuum method), cold brewing and attend presentations and panel discussions. The event takes place from 9:00 am to 4:00 pm. Industry City 233 37th Street Brooklyn, NY 11232, a vintage space, perfect for our caffeinated one-day event.
- Tasting – CoffeeCon is known for our awesome tasting floor. Each sample you taste will be custom brewed moments before you taste. Twenty-plus of the region's top specialty coffee roasters will be continuously brewing samples throughout the day. See website for roaster list.
- Explore innovative brewing methods. Try Steampunk brewing hands on with Alpha Dominche. Try coffee brewed with the Behmor connected coffee brewer via your cell phone. Various cold brew techniques will be available including infused brewing technology.
- Continuous hands-on labs. Take a turn brewing Chemex, French Press and both Hario's V60 drip and infrared-heated Syphon® units.
- Perfect your espresso techniques at Time, Inc. exclusive espresso bar. Learn Home Espresso and latte art techniques from Toby's Estates coffee educator Aaron Owens.
- Other expert classes include Palate Development presented by Café Grumpy, Grinding with industry grinding guru Chris Spatz on this important factor in coffee brewing. National water expert Jim Schulman will teach proper water for coffee.
- Barista Champions will be sharing their top tips on better brewing including AeroPress Champion Rusty Obra and World Barista Turkish Coffee Championship Turgay Yildizli, who's revolutionary Turkish brewing gives this oldest-of-all methods its due as a true premium specialty coffee.
- World famous coffee author Kenneth David's written numerous books on coffee and is Editor/Founder of Coffee Review. He will share his reviewer secrets and explain how to get the most from your coffee experience.
- Ted-style Sustainability and Future of Coffee panels.
- For fun, we have Café Cinema featuring caffeinated film clips and author signing.
- Tasting classes – Learn to taste like a pro. Third Wave Coffee legend George Howell teaches expert tasting to 100 maximum attendees (pre-registration and glassware fee).
- Chemex Pop Up Museum – Chemex is featured in the Museum of Modern Art. This collection will be even more extensive. Chemex is celebrating its 75th anniversary by displaying a collection of vintage Chemex brewers, rare coffee and non-coffee designs and products of Chemex genius/inventor, Peter Schlumbohm exclusively at CoffeeConNY.
- Prize drawings – Cool prizes. Lots of them, including brewers and grinders. All attendees eligible with ticket.
- Food samples on the event floor and more…. Access to Industry City Food Court, so you can spend the day and balance your coffee intake with savory satisfaction.
More ticket options. 3-hour pass for $23 either morning or afternoon sessions, all-day experience for $30 and 4 tickets for the price of 3″ options available.
For more event information and to buy tickets go to http://www.coffee-con.com/
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/coffeecon-ny-consumer-coffee-event-comes-to-brooklyn-300276863.html