ST. LOUIS, Nov. 7, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Temperatures are starting to dip and furnaces are starting to run. Starting each November, Laclede Gas offers unique programs to help customers stay warm and use natural gas more efficiently. During the first week of the Cold Weather Rule, more than 1,000 Laclede Gas customers have signed up for special payment programs.
- Cold Weather Rule is available from November 1 through March 31. It provides the most lenient payment plan available for customers who have fallen behind on their accounts. It enables eligible customers to continue gas service or restore gas service by making an initial payment and then beginning a balanced monthly payment plan. If customers make their monthly payments, they can stay on this plan permanently.
- Heating assistance is available for those struggling to stay warm. Right now, federal heating assistance is available for elderly and disabled customers. Starting December 1, any qualifying low-income customers can receive Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP) funds. Customers can call United Way at 2-1-1 for more information.
- Budget Billing is a free service that provides customers with consistent bill amounts throughout the year. One out of every five Laclede Gas customers uses this free service. Customers can enroll today and the payment plan will start on their next billing cycle. To sign up, call 314-621-6960 or toll-free 800-887-4173.
- DollarHelp is an easy way for St. Louisans to help their neighbors stay warm this winter. Checking the red box on a Laclede Gas bill provides $1 a month to help our neighbors stay warm. Customers can also donate by visiting www.dollarhelp.org. Laclede Gas and the United Way together provide the administrative resources for this program, so 100 percent of donations go directly to recipients.
If any customer is struggling to stay warm, please call Laclede Gas directly to find out what options are available.
Some quick and easy tips to use natural gas more efficiently:
- Seal off unused rooms by closing the registers and keeping the doors shut tightly.
- Keep furniture away from heating registers.
- Make sure a clean furnace filter is installed.
- Wash only full loads in the dishwasher and washing machine.
- Clean out the dryer lint trap before each load.
ABOUT LACLEDE GAS COMPANY
Laclede Gas Company has provided safe and reliable natural gas service to Missouri for more than 150 years. Now including customers from Missouri Gas Energy, we are the largest gas distribution company in Missouri, delivering some of the nation's cleanest energy to more than 1.1 million customers. Laclede serves residential, commercial and industrial customers in the St. Louis and Kansas City metropolitan areas and 40 counties throughout Missouri. Laclede Gas Company is a subsidiary of Spire, traded on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol SR. For more information, please visit www.LacledeGas.com.
Media Contact: Jenny Gobble
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/cold-weather-season-starts-now-300358417.html
SOURCE Laclede Gas Company