SAN DIEGO, March 15, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- As San Diego residents dry out from record winter rains and flooding and begin preparation for the next wave of spring showers, damage assessment and maintenance to your plumbing can prevent costly repairs down the road. Colepepper Services, a BBB A-rated plumbing, heating and cooling company that services San Diego and surrounding areas, offers advice to homeowners about early warning signs of plumbing problems and easy maintenance tips to preserve a home's plumbing.
"A surge in the amount of rain you get around your home can cause significant damage to your home's plumbing system in ruptured and blocked pipes, slab leaks and more," said Mitch Kenney, owner of Colepepper Services. "As natives and residents of San Diego, we care about the health and wellness of our neighbors and community and offer affordable services in repairs and maintenance to restore your home's plumbing from storm damage."
Three early warning signs to look out for that could indicate that your home has plumbing problems are:
- Decrease in water pressure. A decrease in water pressure is a common indicator that you may have a ruptured pipe or plumbing leak of some kind.
- Water utility bill increase. A high water utility bill is one common indicator that you may have a plumbing leak, ruptured or broken pipe. Some utility companies will contact you if they notice a significant increase in your water usage.
- Dampness or odor detection in floors and walls. A detection of any dampness or odor to floors or walls may be the result of a plumbing leak. Plumbing slab leaks and slow leaks often go unnoticed for considerable time causing serious damage to your home's foundation. And, worse, they lead to dangerous mold growth.
Kenney offers these three maintenance tips to keep your home's plumbing working at its optimum:
- Clean storm gutters and drains. Cleaning gutters and drains helps ensure plumbing stays free of debris and prevents blocked pipes.
- Garbage disposal maintenance. Routine maintenance on your garbage disposal helps keep it functioning properly and includes a few pieces of ice and lemon peel to clean and sharpen the blades.
- Install drain screens. Inexpensive drain screens should be used in the kitchen sink, bathroom sink and bathtub to prevent food, soap, hair and small items from clogging drains.
Colepepper Services offers free estimates. To find out more about Colepepper Services and what homeowners can do to identify and mitigate plumbing problems in their homes, visit http://www.colepepperplumbing.com/ or call 1-619-838-1322.
About Colepepper Services
Colepepper Services, rated A by the Better Business Bureau, is a third generation family-owned and operated plumbing, heating and cooling business serving San Diego and surrounding areas. Backed by a 100% satisfaction guarantee, Colepepper offers plumbing, drain and sewer repair, toilet repair, water filtration, and gas leak detection. Colepepper services has been awarded Best Plumbers in San Diego by Expertise, the Super Service award by Angie's List, and Top Rated Elite Service Provider for HomeAdvisor. For more information, call 619-838-1322 or visit http://www.colepepperplumbing.com/.
President, Ripley PR
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/colepepper-services-offers-plumbing-maintenance-tips-after-the-rain-storms-300423504.html
SOURCE Colepepper Services