Colorado Welcomes Exciting New Offerings In 2014
DENVER, Dec. 4, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- A roundup of what's new for Colorado visitors for this winter season and beyond is below. For more information, visit www.COLORADO.com.
Attractions and Activities:
- The Durango Dog Ranch is now offering dog sledding from Durango Mountain Resort's base.
- Fiske Planetarium re-opened October 12, 2013 after a renovation and is now one of the most sophisticated planetariums in the world.
- The Woodward at Copper Barn at Copper Mountain recently underwent a renovation project to accommodate skateboards, BMX and slopestyle mountain bikes.
- Captain Zipline added "Aerial Adventure Park" to its name to reflect a new attraction of 120 different "challenge elements."
- Silverton has new overnight heli touring trips where guests are heli dropped with a guide to experience skiing or snowboarding before camping for the night.
- Slopeside bowling is being offered this winter at the new bowling alley, Slow Your Roll, in the Snowmass Village Mall.
- Steamboat's new night skiing and riding experience, The Christie Peak Express, transports visitors to the top of Christie Peak on a high-speed chairlift for a night adventure across five trails.
- Colorado Parks and Wildlife's new interactive trail maps will help guests make the most of their visit to state parks.
- Telluride Ski Resort's new Three-day Heli Ski Camp offers a new camp with two days skiing followed by a third day of helicopter skiing with Helitrax.
- Breckenridge Ski Resort's "First Tracks Fridays" allow guests at official lodging properties to access the mountain one hour before the general public on Fridays.
- Monson Creek Ranch is celebrating its inaugural winter season and offers activities and lodging year-round.
- Devil's Thumb Ranch Resort & Spa will open its new eco-luxe Lodge, Barn & Pavilion, High Lonesome Lodge, this December.
- Opening early 2014, The Renaissance Denver Downtown City Center provides guests with a modern experience in one of Colorado's most historic buildings.
- Fall 2013 - March 2014: The Colorado Scenic and Historic Byways 25th Anniversary will be celebrated throughout the winter with a re-dedication of the 25 Byways.
- November 29, 2013 - January 4, 2014: Glenwood Vaudeville Revue, the comedy show is all new this holiday season: new show, new location.
- January 9-12, 2014: Winterskol, Aspen's annual toast to winter, will hold the first annual Winterskol Fat Bike Race.
- January 18, 2014: Aspen Gay Ski Week will celebrate equality with a group civil union ceremony in downtown Aspen with cake and champagne.
- January 18-19, 2014: Durango Mountain Resort's Winterfest introduces the US Airbag Demo, a 14-foot kicker with a landing on a 50-square-foot inflated airbag.
- January 18-20, 2014: Crested Butte Mountain Resort's Roost the Butte is a new snowmobile competition and festival on the resort.
- January 25, 2014:The Stagecoach Classic is a 30km/15km classic cross country ski race and tour.
- January 31 - February 2, 2014: Visit Aurora will host the 2014 USA Weightlifting Junior National Championships along with the Aurora Sports Festival.
- March 28 - April 5, 2014: The new Boulder Arts Week will be a citywide celebration of local artists.
- This year will be the inaugural season for the opening of Breckenridge's newest peak, Peak 6.
- The new Four Points Lodge in Steamboat, located in the Storm Peak/Four Points area of the mountain, is complete with a restaurant and retail area.
- Beaver Creek's Talons is a new European-inspired on mountain restaurant with 500 indoor seats and 250 outdoor seats.
What's on the Horizon for Summer 2014:
- Denver's Union Station is undergoing a massive restoration and re-development that will transform it into the center of the city beginning in July 2014.
- Rocky Mountain National Park celebrates its 100th anniversary from September 4, 2014, through September 4, 2015 with speakers and special activities.
- June 13 - November 30, 2014: Denver Botanic Gardens will present the Rocky Mountain Region's first outdoor exhibition of artwork by celebrated American artist, Dale Chihuly.
- 2014 marks the 50th Anniversary of the Beatles Concert at Red Rocks.
- June 7 - July 26, 2014: Oh Heck Yeah will transform the streets of Denver into a street arcade through a combination of the Denver Theatre District's LED screens and more.
Contacts: Roland Alonzi / 646-442-6765, firstname.lastname@example.org
SOURCE Colorado Tourism Office
More by this Source
Get Active With Colorado's Culinary Offerings
Apr 01, 2014, 15:48 ET
Soak Up The Soothing Powers Of Hot Springs In Colorado
Feb 20, 2014, 13:34 ET
Colorado Hosts Unusual And Wacky Events In 2014
Jan 08, 2014, 11:42 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.