Colorado Welcomes Exciting New Offerings In 2014
DENVER, Dec. 4, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- A roundup of what's new for Colorado visitors for this winter season and beyond is below. For more information, visit www.COLORADO.com.
Attractions and Activities:
- The Durango Dog Ranch is now offering dog sledding from Durango Mountain Resort's base.
- Fiske Planetarium re-opened October 12, 2013 after a renovation and is now one of the most sophisticated planetariums in the world.
- The Woodward at Copper Barn at Copper Mountain recently underwent a renovation project to accommodate skateboards, BMX and slopestyle mountain bikes.
- Captain Zipline added "Aerial Adventure Park" to its name to reflect a new attraction of 120 different "challenge elements."
- Silverton has new overnight heli touring trips where guests are heli dropped with a guide to experience skiing or snowboarding before camping for the night.
- Slopeside bowling is being offered this winter at the new bowling alley, Slow Your Roll, in the Snowmass Village Mall.
- Steamboat's new night skiing and riding experience, The Christie Peak Express, transports visitors to the top of Christie Peak on a high-speed chairlift for a night adventure across five trails.
- Colorado Parks and Wildlife's new interactive trail maps will help guests make the most of their visit to state parks.
- Telluride Ski Resort's new Three-day Heli Ski Camp offers a new camp with two days skiing followed by a third day of helicopter skiing with Helitrax.
- Breckenridge Ski Resort's "First Tracks Fridays" allow guests at official lodging properties to access the mountain one hour before the general public on Fridays.
- Monson Creek Ranch is celebrating its inaugural winter season and offers activities and lodging year-round.
- Devil's Thumb Ranch Resort & Spa will open its new eco-luxe Lodge, Barn & Pavilion, High Lonesome Lodge, this December.
- Opening early 2014, The Renaissance Denver Downtown City Center provides guests with a modern experience in one of Colorado's most historic buildings.
- Fall 2013 - March 2014: The Colorado Scenic and Historic Byways 25th Anniversary will be celebrated throughout the winter with a re-dedication of the 25 Byways.
- November 29, 2013 - January 4, 2014: Glenwood Vaudeville Revue, the comedy show is all new this holiday season: new show, new location.
- January 9-12, 2014: Winterskol, Aspen's annual toast to winter, will hold the first annual Winterskol Fat Bike Race.
- January 18, 2014: Aspen Gay Ski Week will celebrate equality with a group civil union ceremony in downtown Aspen with cake and champagne.
- January 18-19, 2014: Durango Mountain Resort's Winterfest introduces the US Airbag Demo, a 14-foot kicker with a landing on a 50-square-foot inflated airbag.
- January 18-20, 2014: Crested Butte Mountain Resort's Roost the Butte is a new snowmobile competition and festival on the resort.
- January 25, 2014:The Stagecoach Classic is a 30km/15km classic cross country ski race and tour.
- January 31 - February 2, 2014: Visit Aurora will host the 2014 USA Weightlifting Junior National Championships along with the Aurora Sports Festival.
- March 28 - April 5, 2014: The new Boulder Arts Week will be a citywide celebration of local artists.
- This year will be the inaugural season for the opening of Breckenridge's newest peak, Peak 6.
- The new Four Points Lodge in Steamboat, located in the Storm Peak/Four Points area of the mountain, is complete with a restaurant and retail area.
- Beaver Creek's Talons is a new European-inspired on mountain restaurant with 500 indoor seats and 250 outdoor seats.
What's on the Horizon for Summer 2014:
- Denver's Union Station is undergoing a massive restoration and re-development that will transform it into the center of the city beginning in July 2014.
- Rocky Mountain National Park celebrates its 100th anniversary from September 4, 2014, through September 4, 2015 with speakers and special activities.
- June 13 - November 30, 2014: Denver Botanic Gardens will present the Rocky Mountain Region's first outdoor exhibition of artwork by celebrated American artist, Dale Chihuly.
- 2014 marks the 50th Anniversary of the Beatles Concert at Red Rocks.
- June 7 - July 26, 2014: Oh Heck Yeah will transform the streets of Denver into a street arcade through a combination of the Denver Theatre District's LED screens and more.
Contacts: Roland Alonzi / 646-442-6765, firstname.lastname@example.org
SOURCE Colorado Tourism Office