Combined Agents of America Elects New 2013 Leadership New Chairman Bill Kliewer Announced as Members Convene for Annual Meeting
AUSTIN, Texas, June 18, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Combined Agents of America, LLC (CAA) at its annual board meeting May 15-16, Dallas, Texas, announced its newly elected 2013-14 Management Committee, including CAA's new Chairman of the Board Bill Kliewer, new Executive Vice President Bill Barnard, returning Second Vice President Bill Martin, and Past Chairman John V. Shropshire Jr. CAA is a closed managing general agency committed to strengthening the independent insurance agency system through profitable growth, quality and service with members located in Texas, Kansas and Oklahoma.
"I am excited to have the opportunity to serve as Chairman of CAA," said Bill Kliewer, Managing Partner of BKCW Insurance Agency, Killeen, Texas. "Last year CAA grew more than $60 million in premiums, and this year we are expecting another record year with the continued addition of new partners as well as organic growth. It is a great time to be serving and working with such an incredible amount of talented members and our carrier partners."
Each CAA management committee member is elected to serve a staggered two-year term and is selected by its board of members based on their leadership abilities and contributions to the organization. The new 2013-14 Management Committee includes:
- Chairman of the Board – Bill Kliewer, Managing Partner of BKCW Insurance Agency, Killeen, Texas.
- President – Roger Luttrell, CIC, President of Benton-Luttrell-Brown, headquartered in Van Alstyne, Texas with another office in Sherman, Texas. Luttrell serves on the State Auto Agents Advisory Council.
- Executive Vice President – Bill Barnard, CIC, Partner at Barnard Insurance Agency, LLP, Wichita Falls, Texas.
- Second Vice President – Bill Martin, President of Grona Boles Martin Bloxsom Insurance, San Antonio, Texas. Martin serves on the American First Agents Advisory Council.
- Secretary – Robert Porter, CIC, CRM, President of Porter Insurance Agency, Brownwood, Texas.
- Treasurer – Denny Bryan, CIC, President of Bryan Insurance Agency, Graham, Texas.
- Past Chairman -- John V. Shropshire Jr., CIC, CEO of The Shropshire Agency, Inc., Lubbock, Texas.
CAA's member agencies convene on a quarterly basis to knowledge share, discuss industry issues, review its relationships with insurance carriers, and assess CAA operations. Highlights from the recent board meeting include:
- Golf tournament at Sherrill Park Golf Course (Dallas, Texas),
- Insurance carrier presentations by Travelers Personal Lines, Travelers Commercial Lines, and Premium Assignment Corporation (PAC),
- Travelers Personal Lines hosts lunch at Westin Park Central, and
- PAC hosts dinner at Westin Park Central
About Combined Agents of America, LLC
Founded in 1997 Combined Agents of America, LLC (CAA) is based in Austin, Texas, and is comprised of 52 independent insurance agencies located throughout Texas, Oklahoma and Kansas. By funneling the agencies' combined premiums, CAA brings larger volume commitments to insurance companies, while empowering its members to realize greater benefits from insurance companies, vendor discounts and other incentives. In 2012, CAA generated more than $566.7 million in combined property and casualty annual premiums, and currently works with 18 of the largest insurance companies in the nation. All CAA member agencies remain independent and are recognized by insurance companies as a key component to their future growth and goal commitments. Additional information is available at www.combinedagents.com.
CAA member agencies include: Aars & Nelson Insurance Agency, Barnard Insurance Agency, Bartlett, Baggett & Shands, Benchmark Insurance Group, Benton-Luttrell-Brown Company, Bigham-Kliewer-Chapman-Watts Insurance Agency, Bibby Brilling & Associates LLP, BRIA Insurance & Risk Consultants, Bridges Group Inc., Bosworth & Associates, Bryan Insurance Agency Ltd., Brownrigg Insurance Agency Inc., Cravens Warren & Co., Crockett Insurance Service, Duncan-Fraser & Bridges Insurance Agency Inc., Ed Berrong Insurance Agency, Ed Weeren Insurance Agency Inc., EFGI Insurance & Bonds LLC, Elliott Insurance Group, Evans-Ewan & Brady Insurance Agency Inc., Fuqua Ruth Typer Insurance, First Insurance Services, First Texas Insurance Services LC, Henry Norris Insurance Agency, Inc., HC&H Insurance Group, Garrett Insurance Agency, Inc., GBS Insurance Agency Inc., Grona Boles Martin & Bloxsom Insurance, Hill County Insurance Agency, HC&H Insurance Group, ICI Insurance, Insurance Net Inc., JHC Insurance Agency Inc., J. S. Edwards & Sherlock Insurance Agency, Keller-Leopold Insurance, Inc., McCorkle Commercial Insurance Agency, Mims & Smith, Mr. Insurance Agency, Inc., NTX Insurance Group, Inc., Pierson-Fendley Insurance Agency, LLC, Pinnacle Insurance Group Inc., Porter Insurance Agency Inc., Purifoy Insurance Agency, LTD, SBS Insurance, The Shropshire Agency Inc., Siegeler Insurance Agency, Inc., Southern Star Insurance, Walthall-Sachse & Pipes, Inc., The Weatherby-Eisenrich Inc., Wellmann Insurance Agency, Inc., Western Insurance Agency, Whorton Insurance Services, and Wood-Dulohery Insurance, Inc.
Courtney R. Holder
Tel: (512) 627-0779
SOURCE Combined Agents of America, LLC