AUSTIN, Texas, May 25, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Combined Agents of America, LLC (CAA) at its annual board meeting May 10 – 12 in Dallas, Texas, announced its newly elected 2016-17 Management Committee, including CAA's new president of the board Mack Purifoy, and new secretary David Wellmann. CAA continues to seek out like-minded, growth-focused independent agencies in the central region of the country, including Kansas, Texas, Oklahoma and Nebraska. CAA places a high commodity on integrity, well-operated business models, profitability and synergy with its current 53 members.
"I've got three ways to describe our new president, Mack: excited, fresh, and out of the box. Looking forward to an exciting next couple of years with Mack at the helm leading CAA in a new direction of expansion and growth," said Roger Luttrell, CAA chairman and president of Benton Luttrell Company, headquartered in Van Alstyne, Texas.
"CAA membership has made being in this ever-changing and challenging industry of insurance a privilege both personally and professionally for almost two decades. This year as we attract new members, we look forward to the continued growth and success of being one of the leading and original insurance aggregators in the United States," said Mack Purifoy, AAI, CIC, CAA president and owner of Purifoy & Company Insurance, Temple, Texas.
Each CAA management committee member is elected to serve a staggered two-year term and is selected by its board of members based on their leadership abilities and contributions to the organization. The new 2016-17 Management Committee includes:
- President – Mack Purifoy, AAI, CIC, owner of Purifoy & Company Insurance, Temple, Texas.
- Chairman of the Board – Roger Luttrell, CIC, president of Benton Luttrell Company, headquartered in Van Alstyne, Texas.
- Executive Vice President –Trent Richmond, senior vice president of Garrett Insurance Agency, Inc. Kerrville, Texas. Richmond serves on the National Agency Council with Nationwide Insurance.
- Central Region Vice President – Rick Elliott is the owner and president of Elliott Insurance Group (EIG), Louisburg, Kansas.
- Secretary – David Wellmann, CIC, president of Wellmann Insurance Agency, Inc., Brenham, Texas.
- Treasurer – Pete Bibby, managing partner of Bibby, Brilling & Associates, LLP, Dallas, Texas, with another location in Ennis, TX (dba Arden Insurance Agency).
- Past President – Bill Martin, president of Grona Boles Martin Bloxsom Insurance, San Antonio, Texas. Martin serves on the Liberty Mutual Agents Advisory Council, and the Liberty Mutual Executive Council.
CAA's member agencies convene on a quarterly basis to knowledge share, discuss industry issues, review its relationships with insurance carriers, and assess CAA operations. Highlights from the recent board meeting include:
- Central Mutual Insurance Company presented CAA with the Diamond Partnership Award. Diamond Partnership agencies represent the highest echelon that can be awarded to a partner. The award represents all of CAA's exemplary qualities such as their belief in long-term partnerships, relationship building, and the understanding of the value that Central brings. In 2005, CAA wrote $14 million in premium with Central and eleven years later now writes in excess of $40 million.
- Insurance carriers and other groups participating in trade show included: Central Insurance Company, CRC Wholesale Group, AmWINS Brokerage, Chris-Leef General Agency, McClelland & Hine, Med-James, Inc., Myron Steves, Nationwide Financial Services, Nationwide Commercial Ag, Southwest Risk, U.S Risk Insurance Group, Inc., and Tejas American General Agency (TAGA), and
- Myron Steves hosts lunch at DoubleTree Hilton.
About Combined Agents of America, LLC
Founded in 1997, Combined Agents of America, LLC (CAA) is based in Austin, Texas, and is comprised of 53 independent insurance agencies located throughout Texas, Oklahoma and Kansas. By funneling the agencies' combined premiums, CAA brings larger volume commitments to insurance companies, while empowering its members to realize greater benefits from insurance companies, vendor discounts and other incentives. In 2015, CAA generated more than $763 million in property and casualty premiums, and currently works with 18 of the largest insurance companies in the nation. CAA is ranked #6 on Insurance Journal's Top 20 list of largest agency partnerships in the nation for 2015. All CAA member agencies remain independent and are recognized by insurance companies as a key component to their future growth and goal commitments. Additional information is available at www.combinedagents.com .
CAA member agencies include: Aars & Nelson Insurance Agency, Barnard Insurance Agency, Bartlett, Baggett & Shands, Benchmark Insurance Group, Benton Luttrell Company, Bigham-Kliewer-Chapman-Watts Insurance Agency, Bibby Brilling & Associates LLP, BRIA Insurance & Risk Consultants, Bosworth & Associates, Bryan Insurance Agency Ltd., Brownrigg Insurance Agency Inc., Cravens Warren & Co., Crockett Insurance Service, DFB Insurance Group LLC, Ed Berrong Insurance Agency, Ed Weeren Insurance Agency Inc., EFGI Insurance & Bonds LLC, Elliott Insurance Group, Evans-Ewan & Brady Insurance Agency Inc., First Insurance Services, First Texas Insurance Services LLC, Fouts, Davidson, Burks Agency LLC, Fuqua Ruth Typer Insurance, Henry Norris Insurance Agency, Inc., Garrett Insurance Agency, Inc., GBS Insurance Agency Inc., Grona Boles Martin & Bloxsom Insurance, Hill County Insurance Agency, Hutcherson Insurance Group, ICI Insurance, Insurance Net Inc., JHC Insurance Agency Inc., J. S. Edwards & Sherlock Insurance Agency, Keller-Leopold Insurance, Inc , McCorkle Commercial Insurance Agency, Mr. Insurance Agency, Inc., NTX Insurance Group, Inc., Pierson-Fendley Insurance Agency, LLC, Pinnacle Insurance Group Inc., Porter Insurance Agency Inc., Purifoy Insurance Agency, LTD, SBS Insurance, The Shropshire Agency Inc., Siegeler Insurance Agency, Inc., Southern Star Insurance, Strong's Insurance Inc., United Agency, Walthall-Sachse & Pipes, Inc., The Weatherby-Eisenrich Inc., Wellmann Insurance Agency, Inc., Western Insurance Agency, Whorton Insurance Services, and Wood-Dulohery Insurance, Inc.
Courtney R. Holder
Tel: (512) 627-0779
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/combined-agents-of-america-elects-new-2016-leadership-300274915.html
SOURCE Combined Agents of America, LLC