CombineNet Launches Strategic Sourcing Solution for Restaurants E-Sourcing Leader Addresses Unique Sourcing Needs of Large Restaurant Chain Operations
PITTSBURGH, Nov. 14, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- CombineNet, Inc., the leading provider of best-in-class online sourcing technology solutions for global supply chains, announced today its launch of the CombineNet Restaurants Strategic Sourcing Solution to advance the efficiency and effectiveness of procurement for large restaurant and food service system operations. CombineNet's Restaurants Strategic Sourcing Solution emerges from the company's years of experience in delivering e-sourcing solutions to some of the world's largest fast food and casual chain restaurants and their purchasing groups.
CombineNet's advanced sourcing solutions are used by the restaurant system purchasing groups to improve the procurement of the full range of restaurant spend categories, including food ingredients and direct materials, packaging, disposables, smallwares, kitchenwares and equipment, and transportation and distribution services.
The CombineNet Restaurants Strategic Sourcing Solution offering includes:
- Subscription access to the CombineNet ASAP® advanced e-sourcing product for supporting eRFI, eRFP, and e-auction needs, and backed by 21 U.S. patents.
- Rapid start-up tools for key restaurant spend categories. Those tools include RFP, RFI, and pre-configured e-sourcing event templates for important restaurant purchasing categories across a variety of direct and indirect spends.
- A Restaurants Best Practices knowledge center for configuring CombineNet ASAP's Expressive Bidding® to engage in a more collaborative and creative online bidding process with suppliers, as well as support for other sourcing event management areas including cost model design, scenario rules creation, and bid analytics and optimization.
- Expert Services and Training to ensure the successful launch, management, and analysis of Restaurant e-sourcing events. Services include event start-up consulting, RFP readiness reviews, coaching, advanced analytics training, and more.
Critical industry challenges that impact the procurement efforts for restaurant systems are addressed with the CombineNet Restaurants Strategic Sourcing solution:
- Competing strongly amidst grueling cost and margin pressure, to uncover new areas of savings or efficiencies with food ingredients suppliers in the face of rising food costs.
- Optimizing the sourcing of new menu items, to meet consumers' increasing demand for healthier menu options, artisanal foods, and sustainability-minded sourcing practices.
- Managing complex transportation service needs involving many locations, temperature control requirements, and a mix of fast-moving fresh goods, slower-moving goods, and goods from the restaurant system's own manufacturing plants.
- Aggregating spends in non-food direct materials and kitchen equipment materials to further find cost efficiencies and improved supplier service levels.
- Improving supplier diversity and qualification to support expansion plans into new markets and to meet supply needs for new menu offerings.
"CombineNet's e-sourcing solution is used extensively by our restaurant chain customers to drive significant benefits in the areas of direct and indirect spend cost savings, supply base optimization, cost optimization around sourcing management of menu items, and supply chain and logistics efficiencies," said Jennifer Sikora, CombineNet Vice President of Marketing. "Their broad adoption across all restaurant purchasing categories coupled with strong benefits clearly demonstrates the value of the CombineNet sourcing solution for this industry."
CombineNet's Restaurants Strategic Sourcing Solution is priced by number of users and offers a tremendous value by bundling technology, best practices tools and content, and expert services support in one package. More information is available at http://www.combinenet.com/solutions/industries/restaurants-procurement.php.
CombineNet, Inc. delivers award-winning best-in-class e-sourcing software solutions through its products CombineNet ASAP® for advanced e-sourcing, CombineNet Spend Analysis, and CombineNet Contract Management. Using these Software-as-a-Service (SaaS)-based sourcing products, CombineNet customers can rapidly adopt proven solutions for increasing spend under management and improving enterprise spend insights. Now in its twelfth year in business, CombineNet is known for its track record in driving significant bottom-line and productivity savings for its clientele which includes: Wendy's QSCC, UFPC/Yum! Brands, Procter & Gamble, General Mills, Reckitt Benckiser, Sears, Macy's, Rite Aid, Coca-Cola, PepsiCo, SAB Miller, Hershey's, Smithfield Foods, and many more Global 2000 firms.
SOURCE CombineNet, Inc.