CombineNet Launches Strategic Sourcing Solution for the Consumer Packaged Goods Manufacturing Industry E-Sourcing Leader Addresses the Unique Sourcing Needs of CPG Companies
PITTSBURGH, Nov. 14, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- CombineNet, Inc., the leading provider of best-in-class online sourcing technology solutions for global supply chains, announced today the launch of the CombineNet Consumer Packaged Goods Strategic Sourcing Solution to support the complex e-sourcing needs across the Consumer Packaged Goods (CPG) supply chain. CombineNet's CPG Strategic Sourcing Solution is based on the company's decade-plus experience in supporting procurement and sourcing strategies of some of the world's largest CPG companies.
CombineNet's advanced sourcing solutions are used by five of the Top 12 largest CPG companies in the world to improve their procurement of a wide range of spend categories in direct materials, primary and secondary packaging, indirect materials, facility services, transportation and distribution logistics, and corporate services.
The CombineNet CPG Strategic Sourcing Solution offering includes:
- Subscription access to the CombineNet ASAP® advanced e-sourcing product for supporting eRFI, eRFP, and e-auction needs, and backed by 21 U.S. patents.
- Rapid start-up tools for key CPG spend categories. Those tools include RFP, RFI, and pre-configured sourcing event templates for important CPG categories across a variety of direct and indirect spends.
- A CPG Best Practices knowledge center for configuring CombineNet ASAP's Expressive Bidding® to engage in a more collaborative and creative online bidding process with suppliers, as well as other event management areas including cost model design, scenario rules creation, and bid analytics and optimization.
- Expert Services and Training to ensure the successful launch, management, and analysis of CPG e-sourcing events. Services include event start-up consulting, RFP readiness reviews, coaching, advanced analytics training, and more.
With the CombineNet CPG Strategic Sourcing solution, many of today's critical CPG procurement challenges are addressed, including:
- Managing costs in volatile and competitive markets, by collecting and analyzing detailed cost drivers and increasing supplier-buyer creative collaboration through CombineNet's Expressive Bidding approach.
- Managing complex CPG logistics and distribution needs for domestic ground/truckload transportation procurement as well as for ocean, air, and multi-modal needs.
- Engaging more closely with suppliers to uncover packaging innovations to increase competitive edge in the industry.
- Aggregation and consolidation of purchasing power across multiple buying needs, to gain increased savings and operational efficiencies.
- Supporting sustainable sourcing strategies through robust analytics and sourcing decision optimization.
"As CPG companies continue their focus on competitive pricing for consumers and new product offerings, they need to identify new ways of reducing costs and limiting the impact of rising prices for raw materials, packaging, and the transportation of goods," said Jennifer Sikora, CombineNet vice president of marketing. "The CombineNet CPG Strategic Sourcing Solution provides them with industry-proven technology, sourcing tools and templates, and knowledge transfer to support challenging CPG spend categories and to obtain the highest rate of return on their sourcing activities."
CombineNet's CPG Strategic Sourcing Solution is priced by number of users and offers a tremendous value by bundling technology, best practices tools and content, and expert services support in one package. More information is available at http://www.combinenet.com/solutions/industries/cpg-procurement.php.
CombineNet, Inc. delivers award-winning best-in-class e-sourcing software solutions through its products CombineNet ASAP® for advanced e-sourcing, CombineNet Spend Analysis, and CombineNet Contract Management. Using these Software-as-a-Service (SaaS)-based sourcing products, CombineNet customers can rapidly adopt proven solutions for increasing spend under management and improving enterprise spend insights. Now in its twelfth year in business, CombineNet is known for its track record in driving significant bottom-line and productivity savings for its clientele which includes: Procter & Gamble, Reckitt Benckiser, General Mills, Sears, Macy's, Rite Aid, Coca-Cola, PepsiCo, SAB Miller, Hershey's, Smithfield Foods, Wendy's QSCC, UFPC/Yum! Brands, and many more Global 2000 firms.
SOURCE CombineNet, Inc.