NEW YORK, Feb. 8, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- In the typical aircraft environmental control systems (ECS), the bleed air is cooled by air from the aircraft slipstream and then enters a compressor, which boosts the turbine inlet pressure to increase the temperature drop. Air leaving the compressor is cooled to eliminate the excess moisture before entering the turbine. Cold air from the turbine is cooled before it is mixed with warm air from the cabin. Air at controlled temperature is then pumped into the cabin. This research was conducted based on the aircraft deliveries during 2014, including the costs and sources of ECS equipment on board those aircraft as they were delivered to the airlines. The forecast extends through 2020.
The commercial aircraft environmental control systems (ECS) market comprises delivery systems that move the air, cabin pressurization control systems, and temperature control systems. As such, they are parts of an integrated system of systems with no clear delineations between the operating elements and components.
- The primary focus of this research was the provision of new components into new aircraft. The three market segments mentioned had a combined revenue of $ million in 2013.
- The aftermarket portion was not included in the overall revenue assessment. The revenue from aftermarket parts sales and overhaul amounted to $ million in 2014.
- This is a market strongly dominated by the North American and European companies, with most of the manufacturing occurring in these two regions. This is partly a reflection of the locations of the commercial aircraft manufacturers.
- The newer aircraft are moving toward lighter and smaller components. The ECS on the Boeing 787 departs from the norm by not using bleed air from the engines.
- The marketplace is dominated by Honeywell, United Technologies Aerospace (UTAS), and Liebherr. They appear to have the market comfortably cornered for the immediate future.
Read the full report: http://www.reportlinker.com/p03284133-summary/view-report.html
ReportLinker is an award-winning market research solution. Reportlinker finds and organizes the latest industry data so you get all the market research you need - instantly, in one place.
Contact Clare: email@example.com
Intl: +1 339-368-6001