WASHINGTON, May 5, 2017 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The Committee of 100 – the premier non-partisan organization focused on U.S.-China relations and Chinese American advancement – will host its 2017 Annual Conference in Washington, D.C. on May 18-20, 2017.
This year, the Annual Conference theme is "Seeking Common Ground."
WHO: Committee of 100 members and over 500 major influencers in government, business, academia and media.
Conference participants will include leaders from top multinational corporations, senior government officials, and illustrious representatives from the art and entertainment world.
WHAT: Three-day annual conference to strengthen U.S.-China relations and advocate on behalf of Chinese Americans.
Topics will include:
- "U.S.-China Public Perceptions in 2017: A Mirror Survey"
- "Geopolitics in the Trump-Xi Era"
- "U.S.-China Trade and Economic Outlook"
- "The Role of Media in U.S.-China Relations"
- "U.S.-China Soft Power Dynamics"
- "Chinese-American Journeys: TED-Style talks by C100 members"
- "U.S.-China Economic Espionage: Asian Americans in the Cross-Hairs"
WHEN: Thurs., May 18 – Sat., May 20, 2017.
- C100 Awards Gala Dinner (May 18, from 6 p.m. - 9 p.m.) – Ronald Reagan Building and International Trade Center, 1300 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington, DC 20004.
- Full Day Summit (May 19, from 8 a.m. - 6 p.m.) – JW Marriott 1331 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington, DC 20004.
- C100 Town Hall (May 20, from 2 p.m. – 6 p.m.) – National Press Club, 529 14th St NW, Washington, DC 20045.
- Additional details and full agenda HERE.
The Committee of 100 is a national leadership organization of prominent Chinese Americans in business, government, academia, and the arts. Founded in 1990 by famed architect I.M. Pei and world-renowned cellist Yo-Yo Ma, members include: Maya Lin, recipient of the Presidential Medal of Freedom and designer of the Vietnam Veterans Memorial in Washington, D.C.; Steve Chen, founder of YouTube; and Dr. David Ho, renowned HIV/AIDS scientist and the first Time Magazine "Man of the Year" in a medical profession.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/committee-of-100-to-host-2017-annual-conference-to-promote-us-china-relations-in-washington-dc-on-may-18-20-2017-300452686.html
SOURCE Committee of 100