WASHINGTON, May 10, 2017 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The Committee of 100 -- the nation's premier non-partisan organization focused on U.S.-China relations and Chinese American advancement -- will host its 2017 Annual Awards Gala Dinner in Washington, D.C. on Thursday, May 18, 2017.
- Introduction & Opening Remarks: C100 Chairman Frank H. Wu
- Gala Emcee: Betty Liu, Bloomberg News anchor
- Welcome: U.S. Representative Judy Chu (D-CA)
- Honoree: Chinese Ambassador to the United States Cui Tiankai
- Entertainment: Performance by Grammy-award winning Abigail Washburn and zither master Wu Fei. Washburn has previously collaborated with C100 member Yo-Yo Ma's Silk Road Ensemble. Wu is a native of Beijing and now lives in Nashville.
- Additional Special Guests TBA.
Details and full conference agenda HERE.
WHAT: C100 Awards Dinner Gala honoring those have advanced U.S.-China relations and to advocate on behalf of Chinese Americans. The black-tie dinner event is a part of the C100 Annual Conference 2017 -- which will bring together 500 influencers in government, business, academia, and media for C100's largest member gathering of the year.
WHEN: Thursday, May 18, 2017, from 7 p.m. - 9 p.m. (Media check-in and pre-set at 6 p.m.)
WHERE: Ronald Reagan Building and International Trade Center (Atrium), 1300 Pennsylvania Ave., NW, Washington, DC 20004. (Main Entrance)
MEDIA: Credentialed members of the media are invited to attend for coverage. Media may register online or via email: email@example.com. (Media must present official credentials and photo I.D. upon check-in.) Business Attire for media.
The Committee of 100 is a national leadership organization of prominent Chinese Americans in business, government, academia, and the arts.
Founded in 1990 by famed architect I.M. Pei and world-renowned cellist Yo-Yo Ma, members include: Maya Lin, recipient of the Presidential Medal of Freedom and designer of the Vietnam Veterans Memorial in Washington, D.C; Steve Chen, founder of YouTube; and Dr. David Ho, renowned HIV/AIDS scientist and the first Time Magazine "Man of the Year" in a medical profession.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/committee-of-100-to-host-2017-awards-gala-dinner-to-promote-us-china-relations-on-thursday-may-18-2017-300455620.html
SOURCE Committee of 100