WASHINGTON, May 12, 2017 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The Committee of 100 – the nation's first and foremost nonpartisan organization focused on U.S.-China relations and Chinese American advancement – will host its 2017 Annual Summit in Washington, D.C. on May 19, 2017 from 8:30 a.m. - 6 p.m.
The Summit is a part of the C100 Annual Conference 2017, which will bring together key influencers in government, business, academia, and media for C100's largest member gathering of the year.
WHO: Committee of 100 members, prominent experts on U.S.-China and related issues, and over 500 major influencers in government, business, academia and media.
Speakers will include:
- Charles Boustany, former U.S. Rep. (R-LA), and former Chair of House U.S.-China Working Group
- Robert Daly, Director, Kissinger Institute on China and the U.S.
- David Dollar, Senior Fellow, Brookings Institution
- David Ignatius, Associate Editor and Columnist, The Washington Post
- Kaiser Kuo, Host, Sinica Podcast
- Deborah Lehr, Senior Fellow, Paulson Institute
- Ginger Lew, former Senior Counsel to White House on Economic Policy
- Cheng Li, Director, Brookings Institute
- U.S. Rep. Ted Lieu (D-CA), House Foreign Relations Committee
- X. Rick Niu, President and CEO, Starr Strategic Holdings
- John Pomfret, Author, The Beautiful Country and the Middle Kingdom
- Dan Rosen, Founding Partner, Rhodium Group
- Ambassador Stapleton Roy, Kissinger Institute on China and the U.S.
- Oscar Tang, Co-Founder, C100; Philanthropist in art and education
- Dennis Wilder, Chair in Asian Studies, Georgetown University
- Charlie Woo, CEO, MegaToys
- Frank H. Wu, C100 Chairman; Distinguished Professor, University of California Hastings College of Law
- Yan Mei, Senior Partner and Head of China, Brunswick Group
- Debra Wong Yang, first Chinese American female U.S. Attorney; Partner, Gibson Dunn
- Janet Yang, Hollywood Producer
- Others TBA
WHAT: Full-day summit on topics ranging from "Geopolitics in the Trump-Xi Era," to "U.S.-China Trade and Economic Outlooks," "The Role of Media in U.S.-China Relations," "U.S.-China Soft Power Dynamics" and more.
Additional details and full conference agenda HERE.
WHEN: Friday, May 19, 2017, from 8:30 a.m. - 6 p.m. (Media Registration opens at 8 a.m.)
WHERE: JW Marriott (Capitol Ballroom), 1331 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington, DC 20004.
Founded in 1990 by individuals such as famed architect I. M. Pei and world-renowned cellist Yo-Yo Ma, the Committee of 100 is a national leadership organization of prominent Chinese Americans in business, government, academia and the arts. Members include: Maya Lin, recipient of the Presidential Medal of Freedom and designer of the Vietnam Veterans Memorial in Washington, D.C; Steve Chen, founder of YouTube; and Dr. David Ho, renowned HIV/AIDS scientist and the first Time Magazine "Man of the Year" in a medical profession, among others.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/committee-of-100-to-host-2017-seeking-common-ground-summit-in-washington-dc-to-promote-us-china-relations-on-friday-may-19-2017-300457048.html
SOURCE Committee of 100