CommVault Announces Application-Aware Support for SQL Server 2012 CommVault® Simpana® 9 Software Provides Fully Integrated Data and Information Management for Microsoft's SQL Server 2012 Data Platform
OCEANPORT, N.J., June 7, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- CommVault (NASDAQ: CVLT) -- CommVault today announced that its Simpana® 9 data and information management software platform is fully compatible with Microsoft Corp.'s newly released SQL Server 2012 Data platform with support for SQL Server's advanced high availability and disaster recovery solutions across physical, virtual and cloud environments. CommVault's Solving Forward® philosophy delivers a single software platform that protects data and applications from the back office to the end-point device to increase efficiency, cut costs and reduce risk.
SQL Server 2012 is a comprehensive database platform offering a complete set of enterprise-ready technologies and tools that help organizations derive business value from data and information at the lowest total-cost-of-ownership. Simpana software's integration with SQL Server gives customers the highest levels of performance, availability, and security through integrated data management, protection and retention to eliminate risk, reduce costs and increase efficiency.
- CommVault Simpana software enables customers to quickly back-up, recover, replicate and manage SQL Server data without the cost and complexity of managing disparate products or tools.
- Simpana SnapProtect® snapshot management technology tightly integrates SQL Server 2012 with array-based snapshots to deliver application consistent recovery copies across physical or virtual environments with seamless backup to cost effective storage for long-term retention. Centralized management and reporting from a single console reduces complexity while automated scheduling and discovery of SQL instances enables scalable protection.
- Simpana software also supports SQL Server 2012's "AlwaysOn" technology, Microsoft's new high availability and disaster recovery solution that provides redundancy within and across data centers to help enable fast application failover during planned and unplanned downtime.
- Recognized as 2011 Microsoft Server Platform Partner of the Year, CommVault is committed to helping joint customers better manage data in the full range of Microsoft environments, including Microsoft File Servers, SharePoint, Microsoft Exchange, Microsoft SQL Server and Windows Server 2008 R2 Hyper-V virtualization — both on-premises and in the Windows Azure cloud.
- CommVault will be demonstrating its Simpana 9 Singular Data and Information Management solution at Microsoft TechEd North America 2012, June 11 - 14, 2012, in booth #319 at the Orange County Convention Center, Orlando, Fla.
- Randy De Meno, Chief Technologist for Windows Products, CommVault
"CommVault's strategic alliance with Microsoft continues to evolve and expand as both companies work closely to meet and exceed the data and information management needs of our customers. CommVault customers can deploy SQL Server 2012 with confidence knowing that Simpana 9 provides fully integrated data protection and advanced information management in SQL Server environments right out of the gate."
- Bob Baker, Director Partner, SQL Server Channel Marketing, Microsoft
"CommVault has a long-standing history of collaboration with Microsoft and continues to help customers increase the business and technical value of their data solutions. We are excited that our joint customers can benefit from the new features of SQL Server 2012 with CommVault's tools."
- CommVault® Simpana® 9 Software
- More on CommVault and Microsoft SQL Server
- More on CommVault and Microsoft
- More CommVault news
- Subscribe to CommVault RSS feeds
- Follow CommVault on Twitter
- Follow CommVault on Facebook
- Watch CommVault videos on YouTube
- Join CommVault PartnerAdvantage on LinkedIn
A singular vision – a belief in a better way to address current and future data management needs – guides CommVault in the development of Singular Information Management® solutions for high-performance data protection, universal availability and simplified management of data on complex storage networks. CommVault's exclusive single-platform architecture gives companies unprecedented control over data growth, costs and risk. CommVault's Simpana® software suite of products was designed to work together seamlessly from the ground up, sharing a single code and common function set, to deliver superlative Data Protection, Archive, Replication, Search and Resource Management capabilities. More companies every day join those who have discovered the unparalleled efficiency, performance, reliability, and control only CommVault can offer. Information about CommVault is available at www.commvault.com. CommVault's corporate headquarters is located in Oceanport, New Jersey in the United States.
Safe Harbor Statement
Customers' results may differ materially from those stated herein; certain information in this release has been provided by the customer and has not been independently verified by CommVault. CommVault does not guarantee that all customers can achieve benefits similar to those stated above. This press release may contain forward-looking statements, including statements regarding financial projections, which are subject to risks and uncertainties, such as competitive factors, difficulties and delays inherent in the development, manufacturing, marketing and sale of software products and related services, general economic conditions and others. Statements regarding CommVault's beliefs, plans, expectations or intentions regarding the future are forward-looking statements, within the meaning of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933, as amended and Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, as amended. All such forward-looking statements are made pursuant to the safe harbor provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Actual results may differ materially from anticipated results. CommVault does not undertake to update its forward-looking statements.
©1999-2012 CommVault Systems, Inc. All rights reserved. CommVault, CommVault and logo, the "CV" logo, CommVault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, CommVault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, Quick Snap, QSnap, SnapProtect, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, ROMS, and CommValue are trademarks or registered trademarks of CommVault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.