CommVault Named A Leader In 2012 Magic Quadrant For Enterprise Backup/Recovery Software CommVault Recognized for Ability to Execute and Completeness of Vision
- CommVault has been positioned in the "Leaders" quadrant of Gartner Inc.'s report, "Magic Quadrant: Enterprise Backup/Recovery Software"(1), which was published June 11, 2012.
- CommVault believes this reinforces its vision that the future of storage is shifting toward unified management as customers grapple with emerging challenges created by Big Data, virtualization and the increasing need for instant data access for the mobile workforce as organizations strive to cost effectively extract data for timelier, more informed decision-making.
- Gartner states that "by 2016, one-third of organizations will change backup vendors due to frustration over cost, complexity and/or capability" and "by 2015, at least 25 percent of large enterprises will have given up on conventional backup/recovery software, and will employ snapshot and replication techniques instead."
- Gartner also states that "organizations are increasingly making their backup product selection from vendors that offer expanded protection capabilities and techniques, in addition to traditional tape-based backup software."
- CommVault anticipated these customer needs and has built capabilities into its Simpana® software platform that enable customers to extend the value of existing hardware investments through industry leading integration and innovation. Specifically, CommVault's SnapProtect® technology provides hardware snapshot management without custom scripting or solutions and the new Simpana OnePass™ feature is the industry's first converged process for backup, archive and reporting from a single data collection and common infrastructure.
Tweet This: CommVault%20named%20a%20Leader%20in%20@Gartner_inc%27s%202012%20Magic%20Quadrant%20for%20Enterprise%20Backup/Recovery%20Software%20http%3A//bit.ly/KTxM5F" target="_blank">.@CommVault named a Leader in @Gartner_inc's 2012 Magic Quadrant for Enterprise Backup/Recovery Software
Simpana® Software Transcends Traditional Backup
- Traditional data backup methods are being replaced as customers demand better ways to protect, manage and access data in order to derive greater value from information. CommVault remains focused on outpacing the industry in innovation and delivering solutions that meet and exceed the ever-increasing data protection and information management requirements of our customers and partners.
- Simpana software is a single, unique platform, built from the ground up for organically integrated data and information management.
- With functions like backup and recovery, deduplication, replication, virtualization and cloud, archive, indexing and search, Simpana software manages data across the enterprise—from data centers to the edge, and in the cloud. As a result of these innovations and Simpana software's Solving Forward® architecture, CommVault customers can slash the cost of protecting, managing, analyzing and recovering data by up to 50 percent.
- Simpana software ensures that data is managed with unparalleled efficiency and can be effortlessly found and accessed by all users for recovery, reporting, eDiscovery, compliance and data mining.
- N. Robert Hammer, Chairman, President and CEO, CommVault
"We believe being recognized as a Leader by Gartner confirms our unique single platform approach to delivering innovative solutions that not only solves our customers' data and information management needs today, but prepares them for the challenges of tomorrow. As the industry continues to transform, we will remain true to our 'Solving Forward' philosophy, which enables CommVault to stay out in front and anticipate emerging data and information management demands."
- Rick Haverty, Director of Infrastructure, University of Rochester Medical Center
"The fact that CommVault has been named a leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for Enterprise Backup and Recovery software further confirms our selection of Simpana 9 as the right fit for University of Rochester Medical Center. CommVault's rich functionality and tight integration with leading technologies has helped us simplify our data management processes so we can have faith in our backups and focus on innovation. We strive for excellence and are in a better position today because of CommVault."
- Tommy Mitchell, Group Technical Director for the NVT Group
"CommVault has always been extremely focused regarding its product roadmap for Simpana and they also work very well with the channel to get them bought in to this vision. Seeing CommVault in a leadership position in the 2012 Gartner Magic Quadrant for Enterprise Backup/Recovery Software now provides the ultimate recognition of these efforts and technological achievements. The Big Data debate continues to gather speed and modernizing data management remains high on the business agenda for our customers. We look forward to discussing with CommVault, with total confidence, why Simpana has been validated as the best-of-breed technology to deploy."
- Magic Quadrant: Enterprise Backup/Recovery Software
- David West's Blog: Innovate or Die
- CommVault® Simpana® 9 software
- More on Simpana SnapProtect
- More on the Simpana OnePass feature
- Solve Forward 2012 Online Webinar Series
- More CommVault news
- Subscribe to CommVault RSS feeds
- Follow CommVault on Twitter
- Follow CommVault on Facebook
- Watch CommVault videos on YouTube
- Join CommVault PartnerAdvantage on LinkedIn
About the Magic Quadrant
Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in our research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner's research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
A singular vision – a belief in a better way to address current and future data management needs – guides CommVault in the development of Singular Information Management® solutions for high-performance data protection, universal availability and simplified management of data on complex storage networks. CommVault's exclusive single-platform architecture gives companies unprecedented control over data growth, costs and risk. CommVault's Simpana® software suite of products was designed to work together seamlessly from the ground up, sharing a single code and common function set, to deliver superlative Data Protection, Archive, Replication, Search and Resource Management capabilities. More companies every day join those who have discovered the unparalleled efficiency, performance, reliability, and control only CommVault can offer. Information about CommVault is available at www.commvault.com. CommVault's corporate headquarters is located in Oceanport, New Jersey in the United States.
Safe Harbor Statement
Customers' results may differ materially from those stated herein; certain information in this release has been provided by the customer and has not been independently verified by CommVault. CommVault does not guarantee that all customers can achieve benefits similar to those stated above. This press release may contain forward-looking statements, including statements regarding financial projections, which are subject to risks and uncertainties, such as competitive factors, difficulties and delays inherent in the development, manufacturing, marketing and sale of software products and related services, general economic conditions and others. Statements regarding CommVault's beliefs, plans, expectations or intentions regarding the future are forward-looking statements, within the meaning of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933, as amended and Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, as amended. All such forward-looking statements are made pursuant to the safe harbor provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Actual results may differ materially from anticipated results. CommVault does not undertake to update its forward-looking statements.
©1999-2012 CommVault Systems, Inc. All rights reserved. CommVault, CommVault and logo, the "CV" logo, CommVault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, CommVault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, Quick Snap, QSnap, SnapProtect, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, ROMS, and CommValue are trademarks or registered trademarks of CommVault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
(1) Gartner Inc., "Magic Quadrant for Enterprise Backup/ Recovery Software," by Dave Russell, Alan Dayley, Sheila Childs, Pushan Rinnen, June 11, 2012