CommVault Software Ships with Next Generation Dell Data Protection Appliance for Modern Enterprises New Dell PowerVault DL2300 Powered by CommVault Integrates Data Replication, Deduplication and Long-Term Archiving to Simplify and Scale Data Protection
PARIS, Nov. 15, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- CommVault (NASDAQ: CVLT) -- DELL STORAGE FORUM -- CommVault today announced its CommVault® Simpana® 9 software will ship with the new Dell PowerVault DL2300 appliance to deliver new levels of integrated, scalable and simplified data protection to safeguard information for medium-to-large, distributed organizations.
The PowerVault DL2300 is the fourth generation of Dell's PowerVault disk-based data protection appliances designed to help IT departments manage massive data growth, improve resource efficiency and reduce storage consumption to achieve service level agreements, business objectives and compliance requirements.
Enterprise-wide Data Protection Deployed in Minutes
The PowerVault DL2300 combines Dell's cutting-edge Dell PowerEdge 12th generation servers with Simpana modern data protection software to offer large enterprises integrated data backup, recovery, replication, archiving, deduplication, search and analytics for both physical and virtual servers. Simpana 9 software is pre-configured and pre-tested on the PowerVault DL2300, so large enterprises can quickly transition from setup to scale-out data protection in less than an hour. Customers can unify data protection and long-term retention with key innovations including:
- Scalable, best-in-class data protection: The PowerVault DL2300 offers up to 192 TB of deduplication storage, which is twice the capacity of previous-generation PowerVault appliances. The new appliance incorporates latest-generation processor and memory capabilities to optimize deduplication database configurations for higher backup performance. These innovations now allow large enterprises to easily and economically protect large scale modern data centers that span both on-premise and cloud-based deployments. Distributed enterprises can simplify and speed up operations by replacing tape backup and error-prone, manual processes with disk storage managed from a centralized location.
- Slashing time and cost with automated management: The PowerVault DL2300 powered by CommVault can cut administrative time and overhead with built-in, policy-based automation for multiple data and information management processes. From a single console, users can easily manage hardware snapshots for Dell Compellent, EqualLogic and PowerVault MD storage arrays to speed backup and recovery while scaling to protect thousands of virtual machines across the enterprise. Embedded source-and target deduplication can cut backup and archive storage needs in half while reducing network traffic by up to 90 percent. Customers can also lower primary storage requirements and costs by using CommVault's integrated archive to move, index and retain email, file and NAS data.
- Centralize corporate desktop and laptop backup and deliver self-service, mobile access: Administrators can extend protection to client systems at the edge and provide secure self-service access for a mobile workforce using supported iOS, Android and Blackberry devices. Integrated content indexing provides intuitive, comprehensive search for enterprise wide eDiscovery needs.
"A modern solution for data management solves data protection needs today and adapts to unforeseen demands in the future," said David West, senior vice president of worldwide marketing and business development for CommVault. "We worked closely with Dell to embed the Dell PowerVault DL2300 with simplicity and a sophisticated feature set ready to cut costs and produce quantifiable backup, recovery and archive benefits right out of the box."
"The new Dell PowerVault DL2300 provides our enterprise customers with new levels of performance and scale in an integrated solution that's fully optimized for CommVault Simpana software," said Brett Roscoe, general manager and executive director of PowerVault and data management solutions for Dell. "The appliance helps address the needs of many of our large customers as part of our broad Dell data management portfolio, designed to provide companies of all sizes and IT environments with unmatched data and application protection for virtual, physical and cloud environments."
- The Dell PowerVault DL2300 Appliance powered by CommVault is available immediately in two configurations: a value edition targeted for remote offices and an enterprise edition well suited for data centers and medium-to-large enterprise environments.
- Both configurations include CommVault Simpana 9 software's capacity-based licensing for backup and archiving, which enables customers to protect servers and applications based on the amount of data under protection.
- CommVault® Simpana® 9 software
- Blog: The PowerVault DL2300 powered by CommVault
- More on CommVault Virtual Server Protection
- More CommVault news
- Subscribe to CommVault RSS feeds
- Follow CommVault on Twitter
- Follow CommVault on Facebook
- Watch CommVault videos on YouTube
A singular vision – a belief in a better way to address current and future data management needs – guides CommVault in the development of Singular Information Management® solutions for high-performance data protection, universal availability and simplified management of data on complex storage networks. CommVault's exclusive single-platform architecture gives companies unprecedented control over data growth, costs and risk. CommVault's Simpana® software suite of products was designed to work together seamlessly from the ground up, sharing a single code and common function set, to deliver superlative Data Protection, Archive, Replication, Search and Resource Management capabilities. More companies every day join those who have discovered the unparalleled efficiency, performance, reliability, and control only CommVault can offer. Information about CommVault is available at www.commvault.com. CommVault's corporate headquarters is located in Oceanport, New Jersey in the United States.
Safe Harbor Statement
Customers' results may differ materially from those stated herein; CommVault does not guarantee that all customers can achieve benefits similar to those stated above. This press release may contain forward-looking statements, including statements regarding financial projections, which are subject to risks and uncertainties, such as competitive factors, difficulties and delays inherent in the development, manufacturing, marketing and sale of software products and related services, general economic conditions and others. Statements regarding CommVault's beliefs, plans, expectations or intentions regarding the future are forward-looking statements, within the meaning of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933, as amended and Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, as amended. All such forward-looking statements are made pursuant to the safe harbor provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Actual results may differ materially from anticipated results. CommVault does not undertake to update its forward-looking statements.
©1999-2012 CommVault Systems, Inc. All rights reserved. CommVault, CommVault and logo, the "CV" logo, CommVault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, CommVault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, Quick Snap, QSnap, SnapProtect, IntelliSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, ROMS, and CommValue are trademarks or registered trademarks of CommVault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.