DOWNERS GROVE, Ill., Dec. 16, 2015 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The resident social media expert for CompTIA, the information technology (IT) industry association, has been named the Social Media Professional of the Year by PR News.
Kelly Mahoney was recognized by PR News during its 2015 PR People Awards luncheon at the National Press Club in Washington, D.C. earlier this month. More than 40 professionals in communications, marketing, public relations and social media were honored by PR News for "making communications matter in the marketplace."
"Kelly's unique skillset and diligence have been key to increasing our reputation, relevance and awareness, both online and beyond," said Ann Batko, CompTIA's senior vice president for marketing.
Included among CompTIA's social media accomplishments in 2015 are the following:
- CompTIA's main Facebook page experienced growth of 32 percent and increased its organic reach by 180 percent in the first six months of 2015, as compared with the previous year.
- More than 75,000 visitors came to the CompTIA website through social media avenues.
- A series of tweetchats generated a 172-percent increase in traffic to its website via social media.
- The number of CompTIA followers on LinkedIn is 40,000-plus, a 368-percent increase in engagement.
- Eight social media-themed webinars were produced, delivering engaging content on topics ranging from free tools for promoting your business online to creating a stellar LinkedIn profile.
Mahoney joined CompTIA in January 2015 at a time when the association was embarking on several initiatives aimed at delivering measurable improvements to its social media landscape.
The Computing Technology Industry Association (CompTIA) is a non-profit trade association serving as the voice of the information technology industry. With approximately 2,000 member companies, 3,000 academic and training partners and more than two million IT certifications issued, CompTIA is dedicated to advancing industry growth through educational programs, market research, networking events, professional certifications and public policy advocacy. To learn more, visit CompTIA online, Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.