comScore Releases '2013 Brazil Digital Future in Focus' Report
Brazilian Internet Users Spend 27 Hours Online Per Month, More Than Any Other Latin American Market
SAO PAULO, March 7, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- comScore, Inc. (NASDAQ: SCOR), a global leader in digital measurement and analytics, today released the 2013 Brazil Digital Future in Focus report. This annual report examines how the prevailing trends in web usage, social media, online video, digital advertising, mobile and search are defining the current marketplace and how they are likely to shape the coming year. Key trends and highlights will be presented via a complimentary, live webinar on Thursday, March 14 at 4:00 PM Eastern Time (5:00 PM Brazil). This session will be broadcast in English. For more information and to register, please visit: http://www.comscore.com/Insights/Events_and_Webinars/Webinar/2013/2013_Brazil_Digital_Future_in_Focus
"The Brazilian digital landscape saw significant change in 2012 led by the strong emergence of Social Networking, in addition to increasing media consumption in terms of online video and display advertising," said Alex Banks, comScore managing director for Brazil & VP Latin America. "As these media vehicles continue to grow, they are providing new and exciting opportunities for publishers hoping to attract audiences and marketers seeking to reach consumers."
Key insights from the 2013 Brazil Digital Future in Focus (#FiFBrasil) report include:
- Consumers in Brazil spent more than 27 hours per month online on their desktop computers, representing the highest average engagement of all 8 Latin American markets analyzed. (Source: comScore Media Metrix)
- The Brazilian internet audience is very young on average, with 18 percent of users age 18-24 and 30 percent of all users age 25-34. (Source: comScore Media Metrix)
- Social Media sites capture the largest percentage of consumers' time in Brazil at 36 percent. Facebook has emerged as a strong leader in the category with nearly 44 million unique visitors in December 2012, up 22 percent vs. year ago. (Source: comScore Media Metrix)
- Mobile phones and tablets are becoming more important to the Brazilian internet landscape. Page views from Non-PC devices (i.e. smartphones and tablets) reached an all-time high at nearly 6 percent. (Source: comScore Device Essentials)
- Online video consumption in Brazil grew 18 percent in 2012. Google Sites (YouTube) remains the top video property, while VEVO ranks second. Facebook was one of the fastest-growing online video properties with a gain in its video-viewing audience of more than 400 percent. (Source: comScore Video Metrix)
- Online Retail continues to grow in Brazil with the total number of category page views up 9 percent during 2012. Mercado Livre remains the top Retail property, reaching more than 14 million visitors in December. (Source: comScore Media Metrix)
- Online Advertising is on the rise, with more than 789 billion display ad impressions delivered in 2012. Portals and Social Networking are the two largest content categories for delivery of these ads, representing a combined 45 percent of the market. Dafiti.com.br was the largest display advertiser in Brazil with more than 25 billion ad impressions in 2012. (Source: comScore Ad Metrix)
Join Alex Banks, Brazil Managing Director & VP Latin America, on Thursday, 14th March as he shares key insights from the 2013 Brazil Digital Future in Focus report and discusses what these trends mean for marketers.
To register for the English session of the webinar, please visit: http://www.comscore.com/Insights/Events_and_Webinars/Webinar/2013/2013_Brazil_Digital_Future_in_Focus
To register for the Portuguese session of the webinar, please visit: http://www.comscore.com/por/Insights/Events_and_Webinars/Webinar/2013/2013_Brazil_Digital_Future_in_Focus
comScore, Inc. (NASDAQ: SCOR) is a global leader in digital measurement and analytics, delivering insights on web, mobile and TV consumer behavior that enable clients to maximize the value of their digital investments. For more information, please visit www.comscore.com/companyinfo.
SOURCE comScore, Inc.
More by this Source
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.