NEW YORK, Nov. 1, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- As The Concordia Summit marks its second successful convening and its work in promoting public-private partnerships, it today highlighted six key moments from the 2012 Summit.
The six key moments are:
- Keynote Address by former U.S. President William J. Clinton; Speaking with the co-founders of the Concordia Summit Matthew Swift and Nicholas Logothetis, President Clinton shared his views on public-private partnerships. Link to full discussion
- Townhall Question and Answer with Senator John McCain; Senator John McCain answered questions on the private sector in Afghanistan, the support for military families and the impact of the power transition in China. Link to Q&A session
- Speech by George Logothetis; The CEO and Chairman of the Libra Group spoke about the world economy, U.S. recovery and the Greek crisis. Link to full speech
- 'The Global Economy' Panel; the panel addressed the question of how public-private partnerships can help mitigate risks of future crises. Link to Panel Discussion
- 'Building Partnerships for the Future of Women and Children in Afghanistan' Panel Discussion; Participants highlighted the key issues facing women and children within Afghanistan and how public-private partnerships are helping to address them. Link to Panel Discussion
- Discovering the Drivers of Successful Partnerships; Representatives from Intel, DHS, and the State Department discussed the elements of successful partnerships and how to learn from those that have failed. Link to Panel Discussion
"We are highlighting six powerful moments but there were dozens more. The closing remarks we gave at the 2012 Summit launched a new phase of work for us as we support the newly announced Concordia Index," said Concordia Co-founder Nicholas M. Logothetis.
"The 2012 Summit was a great success and furthers our mission of promoting partnerships. We are going to be hard at work this next year absorbing everything we have learned, and applying it to create and support effective partnerships," added Concordia Co-founder and Chairman Matthew A. Swift.
The 2012 Concordia Summit was held on September 27, 2012 in New York at the Plaza Hotel.
The 2012 Concordia Summit also saw the launch of the new Concordia Index, a global research product that will track and evaluate public-private initiatives. Link to video
You can learn more about The Concordia Summit at theconcordiasummit.org
SOURCE The Concordia Summit