ALBUQUERQUE, Jan. 20, 2016 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Please join U.S. Representative Michelle Lujan Grisham, Alan Armijo, the City of Albuquerque's director of Constituent Services, Pastor John Hill, executive director of the Albuquerque Rescue Mission, Greg Leyendecker, president and CEO at New Mexico Bank & Trust, and representatives from the Federal Home Loan Bank of Dallas (FHLB Dallas), in celebrating the start of construction on homeless housing units at the Albuquerque Rescue Mission. The event takes place at 10:00 a.m. Thursday, January 21, at the Albuquerque Rescue Mission.
Media are invited, and interviews are available.
In 2015, the Albuquerque Rescue Mission was awarded two Affordable Housing Program (AHP) grants of $286,000 and $500,000 from New Mexico Bank & Trust and FHLB Dallas. The grants will be used in an adaptive reuse project, renovating an existing building and a dance studio into 86 units of transitional housing for homeless men and women.
WHAT: Ceremonial groundbreaking
WHEN: 10:00 a.m. Thursday, January 21, 2016
- The Honorable Michelle Lujan Grisham, U.S. Representative, NM-District 1
- Alan Armijo, Director of Constituent Services, Office of Mayor Richard J. Berry
- Pastor John Hill, Executive Director, Albuquerque Rescue Mission
- Ted Trujillo, Board President, Albuquerque Rescue Mission
- Greg Leyendecker, President & CEO, New Mexico Bank & Trust
- Robert Eaton, SVP, New Mexico Bank & Trust
- Kyle Leyendecker, VP, New Mexico Bank & Trust
- John Salazar, Attorney – Rodey, Dickason, Sloan, Akin & Robb; and FHLB Dallas Board Director
- Greg Hettrick, First VP and Director of Community Investment, FHLB Dallas
- Jaime Jordan, VP, Director of Corporate Communications, FHLB Dallas
- Eric Haar, VP, Director of Government Relations, FHLB Dallas
WHERE: Albuquerque Rescue Mission
214 Coal Avenue SW
Albuquerque, NM 87102
Federal Home Loan Bank of Dallas
SOURCE Federal Home Loan Bank of Dallas