NEW YORK, Jan. 25, 2017 /PRNewswire/ --
The Meat market in South Africa is forecast to register higher growth in value terms during 2015-2020 compared to 2010-2015, driven by a steady economy and a large young population. Fresh Meats (Counter) is the leading value category and Frozen Meat is forecast to register the fastest growth during 2015-2020. Meat consumption among South Africans is mainly influenced by the Time Scarcity and the Value consumer trends.
- The Meat market in South Africa is forecast to grow at a CAGR of 2.5% during 2015-2020 in value terms.
- The Fresh Meat (Counter) category has the highest volume share in the overall Meat market.
- The Cooked Meats - Counter category is the smallest value category.
- Hypermarkets and Supermarkets is the leading distribution channel across all categories in the South African Meat market
- Rigid Plastics is the most commonly used packaging material in the South African Meat market
Canadean's Consumer and Market Insights report on the Meat market in South Africa provides insights on high growth categories to target, trends in the usage of packaging materials, types and closures category level distribution data and brands market shares.
What else is contained?
- Market data: Overall market value and volume data with growth analysis for 2010-2020
- Category coverage: Value and growth analysis for Ambient Meat, Chilled Raw Packaged Meat
- Processed, Chilled Raw Packaged Meat - Whole Cuts, Cooked Meats - Counter, Cooked Meats
- Packaged, Fresh Meat (Counter), and Frozen Meat with inputs on individual segment share within each category and the change in their market share forecast for 2015-2020
- Leading players: Market share of brands and private labels, including private label growth analysis from 2012-2015
- Distribution data: Percentage of sales within each category through distribution channels such as Hypermarkets and Supermarkets, Convenience Stores, Food and Drinks Specialists and others in 2015 - Packaging data: consumption breakdown for packaging materials and containers in each category, in terms of percentage share of number of units sold. Packaging material data for Flexible Packaging, Rigid Metal, Rigid Plastics, and others; container data for: Tray, Can-Food, Bag/Sachet, Film, and others
- Consumer level trends: Top four consumer trends which influence Meat products consumption
- Future outlook: Reviews and recommendations on how the market will shape up from 2015-2020
Reasons To Buy
- Identify high potential categories and explore further market opportunities based on detailed value and volume analysis
- Existing and new players can analyze key distribution channels to identify and evaluate trends and opportunities
- Gain an understanding of the total competitive landscape based on detailed brand share analysis to plan effective market positioning
- Access the key and most influential consumer trends driving Meat products consumption, and how they influence consumer behavior in the market which will help determine the best audiences to target
- Access to analysis on products launched in the market
- Our team of analysts have placed a significant emphasis on changes expected in the market that will provide a clear picture of the opportunities that can be tapped over the next five years, resulting in revenue expansion
Read the full report: http://www.reportlinker.com/p04486405-summary/view-report.html
ReportLinker is an award-winning market research solution. Reportlinker finds and organizes the latest industry data so you get all the market research you need - instantly, in one place.
Contact Clare: firstname.lastname@example.org
Intl: +1 339-368-6001
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/consumer-and-market-insights-meat-in-south-africa-300396762.html