NEW YORK, Jan. 11, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Rapid advances in technology and economies of scale have enabled consumer unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs), commonly known as drones, to be prototyped and commercially launched at an affordable price. Consumer drones are not only
attracting the usual flight hobbyists and enthusiasts, but also getting into the hands of many who are willing to pay for the fun experience, experimenting with taking breathtaking aerial shots, or generating a side income. Due to emerging cloudbased
applications and data services, the consumer drone industry is enjoying a period of rapid growth.
The consumer drone market is off to a very strong start, with many prominent companies and investors showing confidence in drone technology. Worldwide sales of consumer drones reached $1.9 billion in 2015 and Tractica expects that
the market will continue to grow rapidly over the next few years, while providing significant opportunities to various industry participants, reaching a market value of $5.0 billion by the end of 2021. Tractica forecasts that worldwide consumer drone
unit shipments will increase from 6.4 million units in 2015 to 67.7 million units annually by 2021.
This report examines the global market trends for consumer drones and provides 7-year market sizing and forecasts for consumer drone shipments and revenue during the period from 2015 through 2021. The report focuses on crucial market
drivers and challenges, in addition to assessing the most important technology issues that will influence market development.
In total, 73 key and emerging industry players are profiled. Market forecasts are segmented by world region and by airframe type.
Key Market Forecasts
-Consumer Drone Shipments and Revenue by Region, World Markets: 2015-2021
- Consumer Drone Average Selling Price by Region, World Markets: 2015-2021
- Consumer Drone Shipments and Revenue by Airframe Type, World Markets: 2015-2021
- Consumer Drone Average Selling Price by Airframe Type, World Markets: 2015-2021
- Consumer Drone Shipments, ASP, and Revenue by Airframe Type, North America: 2015-2021
- Consumer Drone Shipments, ASP, and Revenue by Airframe Type, Europe: 2015-2021
- Consumer Drone Shipments, ASP, and Revenue by Airframe Type, Asia Pacific: 2015-2021
- Consumer Drone Shipments, ASP, and Revenue by Airframe Type, Latin America: 2015-2021
- Consumer Drone Shipments, ASP, and Revenue by Airframe Type, Middle East & Africa: 2015-2021
- Electromagnetic Interference
- Flight Management Systems
- Multimodal Sensing Systems
- Obstacle Avoidance
- Self-Navigation Systems
- Spatial Awareness
- Ultrasonic Rangefinders
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
Read the full report: http://www.reportlinker.com/p03922378-summary/view-report.html
ReportLinker is an award-winning market research solution. Reportlinker finds and organizes the latest industry data so you get all the market research you need - instantly, in one place.
Contact Clare: email@example.com
Intl: +1 339-368-6001
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/consumer-drones-small-unmanned-aerial-vehicles-for-aerial-imaging-recreation-and-aerial-games-global-market-analysis-and-forecasts-300389643.html