- Startup Launchpad showcasing the latest tech products from startups as integrated Pavilions within the Global Sources Electronics shows being held at AsiaWorld-Expo in Hong Kong.
- An extensive conference program featuring more than 30 startup experts and thought leaders who will address the four main stages of the startup lifecycle: product ideation, validation, manufacturing and distribution;
- Online and offline product validation services; and
- Global Sources Startup Tech Investments to focus on consumer electronics startups.
The startup program will have the support of Global Sources' leading position and resources within the electronics industry, including its buyer community, online marketplaces and trade shows.
- The Global Sources Electronics buyer community includes more than 950,000 buyers worldwide, including more than 220,000 who have been verified at Global Sources' trade shows.
- Global Sources Electronics, the world's largest electronics sourcing trade show, is held each April and October in Hong Kong, with each session having attendance of more than 50,000 and featuring more than 5,500 booths.
- Five electronics industry online marketplaces including more than 40,000 suppliers of consumer electronics, security products, mobile electronics, electronic components, and drones and robotics.
Gregory So Kam Leung, GBS, JP, Secretary for Commerce and Economic Development, CEDB and Cheuk Wing Hing, JP, Permanent Secretary for Innovation and Technology, Innovation and Technology Bureau officiated the opening ceremony at the Startup Launchpad.
Global Sources' CEO Spenser Au, said: "The demonstrated success of Startup Launchpad highlights Hong Kong as one of the world's leading startup hubs. Also, our Startup Launchpad is unique with its focus on the fast moving consumer electronics industry, and because it brings the startups together with the investors, manufacturers, and thousands of actively sourcing global buyers who can validate the products and place orders."
Suzanne Wang, who heads up Global Sources' investment initiatives said: "Global Sources actively seeks out collaborative opportunities with all participants in the startup community including government agencies, accelerators and investors. Our investment strategy is to co-invest with other strategic investors. We are receiving dozens of applications from startups in Hong Kong, Shenzhen and other regions including the U.S., Europe and Israel. We offer unique contributions as an investor by enabling both online and offline market validation and by connecting startups with volume and quality manufacturers as well as global distributors."
"Startup Launchpad offers us a new opportunity to tap into trending products and technologies from groundbreaking companies," said Howard Chen, managing director, Asian Division of Brookstone. "This event gives us an advantage to be connected with more new products and puts us in a better position for our distribution channels in catering to a more competitive market that always has a taste for new innovative products."
Jonathan Tam, business development manager at Nanoleaf said: "Startup Launchpad is a fantastic platform for emerging hardware startups that are looking for distribution. Buyers that visit have the right mindset to help startups commercialize their products and to find a broader audience. We managed to meet some high quality buyers at the show and have developed long-term business relationships."
Startup Launchpad at the spring show in Hong Kong
The April 2016 event is expected to have more than 100 startups within the Global Sources Electronics show. The first phase of the show will be held April 11 to 14 with a focus on home, office, and auto electronics; plus security products and electronic components. The second Mobile Electronics phase will run from April 18 to 21 with a focus on smartphones, tablets, wearable devices and mobile accessories.
Register for Startup Launchpad at http://www.launchpadhk.com and pre-register for the show at http://www.globalsources.com/exhibitions/electronics.
More information about Global Sources is available on the company's corporate site (http://www.corporate.globalsources.com), Facebook and Twitter (/globalsources).
About Global Sources
Global Sources is a leading business-to-business media company and a primary facilitator of trade with Greater China.
The core business facilitates trade between Asia and the world using English-language media such as online marketplaces (GlobalSources.com), trade shows, magazines, and apps.
More than 1 million international buyers, including 95 of the world's top 100 retailers, use these services to obtain product and company information to help them source more profitably from overseas supply markets. These services also provide suppliers with integrated marketing solutions to build corporate image, generate sales leads and win orders from buyers in more than 240 countries and territories.
Now in its fifth decade, Global Sources has been publicly listed on the NASDAQ since 2000.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/consumer-electronics-startups-to-benefit-from-global-sources-industry-leading-program-300248998.html
SOURCE Global Sources