Consumer Snacking Habits & Impulse Food Market Trends Reviewed to Help Effectively Target New Consumer Groups & Behaviors
DALLAS, September 18, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
RnRMarketResearch.com adds new market research report "Latest Trends and Key Consumer Groups in Global Snacking and Impulse Foods" to its store.
This report offers a completely fresh look at consumer's Snacking and Impulse food habits, allowing marketers to understand people's consumption patterns like never before. This offers unique opportunities to effectively target new consumer groups, behaviors, and trends based on actual empirical data in Snacking and Impulse Foods consumption across 10 core countries.
With all Snacking and Impulse Food markets set to grow faster in the future, it is paramount to understand the key consumer groups and consumer trends driving these markets in order for products to realize their full potential. Some of the highlights of this report include:
- Analysis of consumer trends indicates that three types of snacking behavior exist: Pure Indulgence, Everyday Treating, and Non-Indulgence. Each of these types of behavior requires a clear set of product positioning and messages, targeted at the right consumer groups, in order for total market potential to be realized.
- Young Adult Women and Older Men worldwide, and boys under 16 in Non-BRIC markets, are the key consumer groups driving Snacking and Impulse Food markets worldwide.
- Two consumer trends are vital to reaching these consumers: Indulgence, and Personal Space and Time.
The analysis provided is unique in the market as it tracks snacking behavior through to its actual impact on a product market. This provides readers with a unique analysis of the market, driven by survey-based data on consumer trends and groups, which is integrated with market data. This allows marketing tactics and strategy to be updated in line with the very latest consumer behaviors.
Key Features and Benefits
- Unique integration of survey and market data provides market sizing consumption by key consumer groups, both by age and by gender, quantifying the value of key consumer groups by country.
- Concise case studies identify best practice on how to align marketing practices to effectively target consumer trends, and shows how targeting multiple trends can be a highly effective proposition.
- The impact of consumer trends is quantified by market and country to show where hotspots to target exist and exactly which trends are most important to target.
Key Market Issues
- The Indulgence consumer trend drives a significantly larger volume share of women's Snacking markets than men, though Indulgence still drives a very significant part of men's consumption. Marketers should beware taking stereotypical approaches to targeting women's indulgent snacking: rather than offering to alleviate guilt, at the moment of consumption women want products than provide Indulgence, Personal Space and Time, and Fun and Enjoyment.
- Quality Seeking is the most important trend in the BRIC region. Products targeting expansion in BRIC countries must be able to communicate their high quality at all touch points with the consumer. Snacking products based around quality ingredients, hand craftsmanship, and authenticity will be particularly well placed.
- Adults may feel they are increasingly attempting to fit in more activities into the same amount of time in a day, but it's actually children whose consumption habits are most affected by this trend. What's convenient for parents is what is convenient for their children. As such, products targeting parents need to communicate how they will make things easier for their children as much as the adults.
- Consumers use snacks to create a space where they are free from the constant flow of things to do. This isn't an escape from time pressures, rather the ability to get away from the burdens consumers face in their day to day lives by taking a moment out for themselves.
- Advances in communication and production technology means marketers can produce personalized products at mass market costs. Small snack producers, previously targeting a niche market limited by geographical area, can now reach consumers hundreds of miles away. Though still small, this consumer trend may hit the mainstream in the next five years.
Buy your copy of this report @ http://www.rnrmarketresearch.com/latest-trends-and-key-consumer-groups-in-global-snacking-and-impulse-foods-market-report.html.
Explore Other Reports Available with us on the Food Market and its sub-segments:
- Animal Food
- Pasta, Bread & Rice
- Health & Natural Foods
- Baked Good
- Baby Food
- Packaged Foods
- Food Ingredients
- Oils & Fats
- Canned Foods
- Nutraceuticals Food
- Meat & Poultry
- Sauces & Gravies
- Sugar & Sugar Substitutes
- Condiments & Dressings
Table of Contents for the report "Latest Trends and Key Consumer Groups in Global Snacking and Impulse Foods" include:
1 Executive Summary
2 Industry Dynamics
2.1.1 Market coverage definitions
2.1.2 Defining consumer trends
2.2 Key Growth Markets for the Future
2.2.1 Bakery and Cereal Snacks and Yogurt and Dairy Desserts are the key growth markets
2.2.2 A clear division between the BRIC and Non-BRIC regions exists
2.2.3 Key Opportunities in Russian Confectionery and Bakery and Cereal Snacks
3 Consumers' Snacking Behaviors
3.1 Age is the Most Important Factor Affecting Snacking Behavior
3.1.1 Identifying key consumer groups is the starting point for future growth
3.1.2 Young Adult Women and Older Men drive global Snacking markets
3.1.3 Patterns in consumers' key motivations must be targeted effectively
3.2 Consumer Trends Result in Three Types of Snacking Behavior Existing
3.2.1 Snacking is either Purely Indulgent, part of Everyday Treating or is Non-Indulgence Driven
3.3 Beware Consumers' Attitude-Behavior Gaps in Healthy Snacks and Ethical Consumption
3.3.1 Some gaps are opportunities, others are pitfalls
3.3.2 Healthy snacks must first emphasize taste in order to have mass market appeal
3.3.3 Ethics has the potential to disqualify a product in consumers' eyes
4 Key Snacking Trends
4.1 Non-BRIC Consumers Want to Indulge Themselves, Especially Women
4.1.1 Indulgence drives Non-BRIC markets
4.1.2 Women's snacking is more Indulgence-driven than men's
4.1.3 Indulgence includes shared, exciting experiences, but guilt-free options have limited potential
4.2 Quality is Paramount to Snacks and Impulse Food Consumers in the BRIC region
4.2.1 Connoisseurship, Provenance, and Authenticity are key in BRIC
4.2.2 Parents want the best quality snacks for their children
4.2.3 Food scares make Trust an important issue in China
4.3 Families Want Snacks to See Them Through the Day
4.3.1 Parents want convenient snacks for their children
4.4 Consumers Want Snacks to Help Them Create Moments of "Me-Time"
4.4.1 Personal Space and Time, Indulgence, and Fun and Enjoyment provide consumers with "me-time"
4.4.2 Personal Space and Time at work is also a key area to target
4.4.3 Snacks can target the need for "Insperiences"
4.5 Personalization Could Go Mainstream in Snacking and Impulse Foods
5 Country Profiles
5.1 Key Features of Snacking and Impulses Markets by Country
5.2 Kids and Babies Drive Rapid Growth in Brazil
5.3 Chinese Consumers Seek High Quality Products
5.4 French Older Consumers Look for Indulgent Snacks
5.5 Older Women in Germany Seek Indulgent Snacks
5.6 Growing Demand for Snacks from India's Young Population
5.7 Older Consumers Drive Functional Italian Markets
5.8 Women Drive Russian Snacking and Impulse Foods
5.9 Indulgence Key in Slowly Growing Spanish Markets
5.1 Older Consumers Key in UK Snacking and Impulse Foods
5.11 Indulgence Key in the US Bakery and Cereal Snacks Market
6.1 Supplementary Data
6.1.1 Supplementary Data for Figure 4: Key Opportunities in Russian Confectionery and Bakery and Cereal Snacks
6.1.2 Supplementary Data for Figure 5: Trend strength is a poor indicator of future growth
6.1.3 Supplementary Data for Figure 16: Few markets in the Non-BRIC region show Guilt-free Snacking potential, and the influence of the Health trend is relatively weak even in those that do
6.2 About This Report
6.3 Survey Methodology
6.4.1 Trends Framework
6.4.2 Age Group Definitions
6.4.3 Country Coverage and Region Definition
6.5 About Canadean
List Of Tables
List Of Figures
Browse more reports on:
- Functional Foods & Beverages
- Diet Food & Weight Loss
- Fish & Seafood
- Organic Foods
- Snack Foods
- Breakfast Foods
- Frozen Food
- Gourmet Food
- Spices & Seasonings
- Dried Food
- Fruits & Vegetables
- Processed Food
- Ready to Eat Food
- Refrigerated Foods
- Sports Nutritionals
RnrMarketResearch.com (http://www.rnrmarketresearch.com/) is an online market research reports library of 175,000+ in-depth studies of over 5000 micro markets. Our database includes reports by leading publishers from across the globe. We provide 24/7 online and offline support service to our customers.
TX, Dallas North - Dominion Plaza,
17304, Preston Road,
Suite 800, Dallas 75252
Explore more reports @ http://www.sandlerresearch.org/.