WABAN, Mass., May 3, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Based on a study of 10,000 U.S consumers, USAA 's banking business and Publix took the top spots in the 2016 Temkin Forgiveness Ratings, which rates how willing consumers are to forgive 294 companies across 20 industries. USAA (credit cards), Amazon.com (for retail and computer & tablets), Food Lion, H-E-B, Wawa Food Markets, and Kroger fill out the top spots.
Comcast (for both TV service and Internet service) earned the lowest Temkin Forgiveness Ratings. Other firms on the bottom of the ratings are Charter Communications (TV service and Internet service), Motel 6, Health Net, Time Warner Cable (TV service and Internet service), Cox Communications and Anthem.
"Every organization makes mistakes, so forgiveness is a critical element of loyalty. USAA, Publix and the other leaders earn consumers' forgiveness by dedicating their efforts to meeting the needs of their customers," states Bruce Temkin, managing partner of Temkin Group.
Other highlights from the 2016 Temkin Forgiveness Ratings include:
- Supermarkets and retailers earned an average rating of "strong," while Internet service providers and TV service providers earned "very weak" ratings.
- USAA's banking and credit card businesses earned ratings that are more than 20 points above their industry averages, and five other firms are 15 or more points above their industry averages: Alabama Power Company (utilities), Amazon.com (computers & tablets), Mercedes-Benz (auto dealers), USAA (insurance), and Morgan Stanley Smith Barney (investment).
- Motel 6's ratings are 28 points below the hotel average, and six other firms have ratings that are 15 or more points below their industry averages: Citibank (banks), Quality Inn (hotels), Super 8 (hotels), Mazda (auto dealers), McAfee (software), and Stop & Shop (supermarkets).
- Con Edison of NY and RadioShack improved by more than 20 points between 2015 and 2016. Seven other firms improved by more than 10 points: 21st Century, Coventry Health Care, Hyatt, Mercedes-Benz, Nationwide, US Airways, and Holiday Inn Express.
- GM dropped 20 points from 2015 and eight other companies dropped by more than 15 points: Home Depot, Mazda, Motel 6, American Family, Sun Trust Bank, TriCare, Scottrade, and Medicaid.
In its sixth year of publication, the 2016 Temkin Forgiveness Ratings examines the likelihood of consumers to forgive companies after they make a mistake. It evaluates 294 companies across 20 industries: airlines, auto dealers, banks, computer and tablet makers, credit card issuers, fast food chains, health plans, hotel chains, insurance carriers, Internet service providers, investment firms, major appliance makers, parcel delivery services, rental car agencies, retailers, software firms, supermarket chains, TV service providers, utilities, and wireless carriers.
The 2016 Temkin Forgiveness Ratings along with other ratings can be accessed at the Temkin Ratings website, www.TemkinRatings.com.
Detailed datasets for the 2016 Temkin Forgiveness Ratings can be downloaded from the Customer Experience Matters® blog, at ExperienceMatters.wordpress.com as well as from the Temkin Group website, www.TemkinGroup.com.
About Temkin Group: Temkin Group is widely recognized as a leading customer experience research and consulting firm. Many of the world's largest brands rely on its insights and advice to steer their transformational journeys. Temkin Group combines customer experience thought leadership with a deep understanding of the dynamics of organizations to help accelerate results. Rather than layering on cosmetic changes, Temkin Group helps companies embed practices within their culture by building four critical competencies: Purposeful Leadership, Employee Engagement, Compelling Brand Values, and Customer Connectedness. The firm's ongoing research identifies leading and emerging best practices across a wide range of activities for engaging the hearts and minds of customers, employees, and partners. For more information, contact Bruce Temkin at 617-916-2075 or send an email.
Customer Experience Matters is a registered trademark of Temkin Group.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/consumers-are-most-likely-to-forgive-usaa-and-publix-according-to-new-temkin-group-ratings-300261562.html
SOURCE Temkin Group