JACKSON, Mich., June 1, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Consumers Energy is honoring nearly 70 Michigan companies that work with the Michigan energy provider to help households lower costs through energy efficiency, making an impact of over $1 billion on customer bills since 2009.
"We are a Michigan-based company, working with a large network of Michigan businesses to deliver savings that are powering our state's economy," said Garrick Rochow, Consumers Energy's vice president and chief customer officer. "The businesses that support our energy efficiency programs are putting people to work directly in Michigan as they help others reduce their energy use and manage their monthly energy costs."
Consumers Energy last week presented its Excellence in Energy Efficiency Awards in a ceremony at Michigan International Speedway, which has used energy efficiency to reduce its operating costs and is the greenest racetrack in NASCAR.
The following Michigan companies were among those to be honored:
- Bel-Aire Heating and Air Conditioning – Based in Grand Rapids, the company was honored for its commitment to the heating, cooling and water heating program, as well as the Home Performance with ENERGY STAR® Program. It has helped deliver over $1.4 million in customer rebates since 2009.
- Dr. Energy Saver – The Lansing company was recognized for its work in the Home Performance with ENERGY STAR Program, generating nearly $770,000 in customer rebates since 2011.
- Ecotelligent Homes LLC – Based in Farmington Hills, Ecotelligent Homes was honored in the Home Performance with ENERGY STAR Program for sustained commitment to excellence.
- The Insulation Man Inc. – The Macomb County-based company was honored as the top performing contractor for the Home Performance with ENERGY STAR program and for outstanding customer experience in the insulation and windows program.
- Randazzo Mechanical HVAC – The Macomb County-based company delivered the most total natural gas savings for customers and was named top performing contractor in the heating, cooling and water heating program. Randazzo Mechanical also has been nominated for a Governor's Energy Excellence Award.
- Vredevoogd Heating and Cooling – The company, based in Kent County, delivered the most total electric savings for customers in the heating, cooling and water heating program.
- Cobblestone Homes – The Saginaw-based company was honored for its participation in the new home construction program, and has also been nominated for a Governor's Energy Excellence Award. Last year, it was one of four homebuilders in the nation to receive an ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year award.
Consumers Energy, Michigan's largest utility, is the principal subsidiary of CMS Energy (NYSE: CMS), providing natural gas and electricity to 6.7 million of the state's 10 million residents in all 68 Lower Peninsula counties.
For more information about Consumers Energy, go to www.ConsumersEnergy.com.
LEARN MORE: Consumers Energy offers a variety of energy efficiency solutions for homes and businesses: www.ConsumersEnergy.com/save
Check out Consumers Energy on Social Media:
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/consumers-energy-honors-michigan-companies-for-helping-households-reduce-energy-use-300277389.html
SOURCE Consumers Energy