SAN JOSE, Calif., June 16, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- ContainerX today announced the general availability of its all-inclusive, out-of-the-box multi-tenant container platform designed for enterprises and service providers. In addition to the paid versions, the company announced a free version that can enable any enterprise to set up a self-hosted Container-as-a-Service POC environment in minutes. To register for the ContainerX platform and download the free version, visit: http://containerx.io/.
ContainerX is a comprehensive container platform that provides the world's first multi-tenant container-as-a-service (CaaS) platform for both Linux and Windows, as well as a single pane of glass for all containers allowing support for bare metal and virtual machines, private and public cloud environments. Its unique patented technology approach, Elastic Container Clusters™ and Container Pools™, provide multi-tenancy and high levels of resiliency, elasticity and horizontal scalability, making ContainerX the most powerful way to manage Docker in the enterprise.
"It seems like 2016 is the year of GA products in the container management space," said Kiran Kamity, CEO and co-founder of ContainerX. "The first generation of container management products that have been released thus far are good for small teams with single tenant capabilities. Our Elastic Clusters and Container Pools enable an enterprise-grade multi-tenant capability, with resiliency and elasticity that can enable enterprises and service providers to guarantee better QoS and SLAs. That, coupled with our Windows CaaS capabilities, has allowed us to build the industry's first multi-tenant container management platform for both Linux and Windows that can cater to both enterprises and service providers."
Advantage24, a service provider with several datacenters in Tokyo, is one of ContainerX's first customers and has been using the product to offer a CaaS platform to their users in Japan.
"We have evaluated most of the container management platforms out there, over the course of the last eighteen months and, after quite a bit of research, chose ContainerX," said Terry Warren, President and co-founder of Advantage24. "Their multi-tenancy features such as Container Pools, support for bare-metal platforms as a first-class citizen, coupled with their turnkey user experience, makes them ideal for any enterprise or service provider looking for a complete container management solution. They've built the beginnings of an excellent product and their highly capable team is a pleasure to work with. I am looking forward to building a world-class container-as-a-service platform using ContainerX."
Learn more about Advantage24 and their experience with ContainerX in Terry's customer testimonial.
Since ContainerX made its first beta debut in November 2015, the company has released five additional betas, including integration with VMware's vSphere, the leading server virtualization platform for virtual data centers, as well as the world's first container-as-a-service (CaaS) platform for Windows server applications, including ASP.NET applications. During the beta process, ContainerX worked with over 25 enterprises to create a product that is now ready for public consumption.
- Windows CaaS platform – Multi-Tenant Elastic Cluster and Container Pool technology for Windows Server 2016 and Microsoft Azure
- Any VMware admin is now a Docker admin – Delightfully familiar VMware-like IT experience for containers with dev/ops self service, resulting in higher app agility, lower infrastructure footprint and lower op/ex related to OS maintenance
- All-in-one platform – Bare metal and virtual machine, Linux and Windows, private and public cloud
- Enterprise-grade management – Simple day-zero setup, seamless day-N operations, alerts, monitoring and analytics
- Comprehensive solution – Ready-to-go package including orchestration, compute, networking and storage
- Highly resilient – Protection from rogue containers crashing or starving other containers
- Multi-tenant and isolated – Container Pools with CPU, memory and network limits and access controls
- Horizontally scalable – Scale-out platform with dynamic addition and removal of hosts
- Elastic Container Clusters – Patent-pending container technology that provides a highly resilient and elastic container infrastructure, as well as auto-scaling Container Pools based on CPU, memory limits and priorities
PRICING AND AVAILABILITY:
Pricing for paid versions is based on the number of logical CPU cores.
- Free Version – A free version for up to 100 CPU cores
- Gold Version – Ideal for mid-market and enterprise
- Platinum Version – For large enterprises and service providers
To register for the platform or inquire about pricing, visit: http://containerx.io/
Founded in 2015 by a seasoned team of entrepreneurs, PhDs and engineers from VMware, Microsoft and Citrix, ContainerX is a ready-to-go container platform designed for Enterprise IT. ContainerX provides a single pane of glass for all containers allowing support for Linux and Windows, bare metal and virtual machines, private and public cloud. For more information about ContainerX, visit http://containerx.io/ or follow on Twitter and LinkedIn.
All trademarks and product names are the property of their respective companies.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/containerx-announces-general-availability-of-radical-new-container-platform-300285643.html