SANTA CLARA, Calif., Feb. 11, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- ContainerX today announced a new, seamless integration with VMware's vSphere, the leading server virtualization platform for virtual data centers, into its ready-to-go, all-inclusive container infrastructure platform designed for enterprise IT admins, now available for beta customers. ContainerX will discuss the new integration at Container World 2016, a three-day event dedicated to container technology in practice, taking place February 16-18, 2016 at the Santa Clara Convention Center.
ContainerX eliminates the container landscape confusion by offering enterprise IT a ready-to-go, enterprise-class solution for multi-tenant container management, including orchestration, compute, network and storage management. The first beta released at DockerCon Barcelona in November 2015 included support for both bare-metal & AWS clusters. Now VMware vCenter admins have access to ContainerX's unique patented technology approach, Elastic Container Clusters™ and Container Pools™, which provide multi-tenancy and high levels of resiliency, elasticity and horizontal scalability not offered by other container solutions, while using on-premise virtual machine-based clusters.
"The ContainerX team has done a brilliant job integrating vSphere into its unique platform," said Steve Herrod, former VMware CTO and current managing director of General Catalyst. "vCenter admins can now create multi-tenant and elastic container pools within a vSphere VM cluster and horizontally scale that cluster—this enables any vSphere admin to be a Docker admin."
In November 2015, the ContainerX team of former VMware, Microsoft and Citrix engineers, backed by General Catalyst, Greylock and Caffeinated Capital, announced its beta offering and has since been actively working with several beta customers. ContainerX will debut its general availability version in May 2016.
"We took our customer feedback to heart and implemented an extremely seamless integration with VMware's vSphere," said Pradeep Padala, ContainerX CTO and co-founder. "Our team has engineers who were formerly at VMware so the integration gives IT admins a look and feel they will find familiar."
- New: Any VMware admin is now a Docker admin – Delightfully familiar VMware-like IT experience for containers, with dev/ops self service, resulting in higher app agility, lower infrastructure footprint and lower opex related to OS maintenance
- All-in-one platform – Bare metal and virtual machine, Linux and Windows, private and public cloud
- Enterprise-grade management – Simple day-zero setup, seamless day-N operations, alerts, monitoring and analytics
- Comprehensive solution – Ready-to-go package including orchestration, compute, networking and storage
- Highly resilient – Protection from rogue containers crashing or starving other containers
- Multi-tenant and isolated – Container Pools with CPU, memory and network limits and access controls
- Horizontally scalable – Scale-out platform with dynamic addition and removal of hosts
- Elastic Container Clusters – Patent-pending container technology that provides a highly resilient and elastic container infrastructure, as well as auto-scaling Container Pools based on CPU, memory limits and priorities
ContainerX CEO and co-founder, Kiran Kamity, will be discussing the new integration at Container World 2016 and speaking in the "Container Effects on Today's Infrastructure and Tomorrow's Data Center" panel series taking place on February 18.
The panel discussion beginning at 4:20 p.m. PT is titled "Thinking outside the 'Container': Start-up Success & the Future of Enterprise IT" and will focus on the evolving cloud market and offer insight on upcoming trends, technologies and partnerships. Kamity will join the panel alongside Dan Scholnick, general partner at Trinity Ventures, Aaron Jacobson, principal VC at New Enterprise Associates, and Peter Harrison, CTO and co-founder at Colovore.
PRICING AND AVAILABILITY:
To register for the ContainerX beta or to inquire about pricing, please sign up at: http://containerx.io/
Founded in 2015 by a seasoned team of entrepreneurs, PhDs and engineers from VMware, Microsoft and Citrix, ContainerX is a ready-to-go container platform designed for Enterprise IT. ContainerX provides a single pane of glass for all containers allowing support for Linux and Windows, bare metal and virtual machines, private and public cloud. For more information about ContainerX, visit http://containerx.io/ or follow on Twitter and LinkedIn.
All trademarks and product names are the property of their respective companies.