BELOEIL, QC, Dec. 15, 2015 /PRNewswire/ - Demers Ambulances announces the delivery of 11 Mercedes Sprinter Type II Vans to Cooper University Health Care, NJ, USA. First Priority Emergency Vehicles in New Jersey, a Demers' dealer, sold the vehicles produced in their Plattsburgh, NY, USA, facility. This is the latest in Demers' ongoing expansion of sales.
"We set new standards in an industry where every detail matters," states Benoit LaFortune, Executive Vice President at Demers. "Demers' Mercedes Sprinter Type II Van has unmatched ergonomic safety features, such as an optional forward-facing seat, and innovative details such as its unique aerodynamic front cab riser and rear spoiler perfectly engineered to match the Mercedes Sprinter design. In addition, our stringent safety and testing guidelines extend to a unique aluminum cabinet structure, multiplex electrical system, and fit and finish."
Mercedes Sprinter Type II Van Features
Safety and Testing
- Optional forward-facing seat with 3 point seat belt
- Pull-tested monitor mount and safety net
Quality & Innovation
- Incorporated LED warning lights in the aerodynamic roof design
- 75 inch interior headroom
- Aerodynamic Roof and rear spoiler design
- Aluminum cabinet structure for better durability, better fuel economy and higher resale value
- Standard Demers Multiplex Electronic System offers full operational flexibility to easily customize the vehicle's electronic functions to specific needs
- Multiplex controlled ESPAR efficiency fuel fired heating system for patient compartment delivers 100% of its heat in 2 minutes for maximum comfort and efficient air circulation. Heating & A/C systems remain separate for maximum efficiency and for easier diagnostics and service
- Unmatched space for medical equipment
- Best in class payload capacity at over 2,000 pounds
About Cooper University Health Care
In 1996, Cooper University Health Care became an integrated health care delivery organization based on a history of over a century of service in patient care, education and community health in Camden, NJ, USA. The Cooper Health System offers everything from technologically advanced medicine at Cooper University Hospital (Cooper Medical School of Rowan University's clinical campus) to offering primary and preventive care along with additional resources throughout southern New Jersey. To learn more about Cooper Health Systems, visit cooperhealth.org
About Demers Ambulances
Demers, Ambulance Manufacturer Inc. (Demers Ambulances) is a world-class leader in ambulance design, manufacture and distribution and one of the largest firms in North America. With more than 50 years of success, Demers has sold more than 15,000 ambulances to customers in over II0 countries. With advanced products that consistently meet and exceed expectations of emergency services specialists around the world, Demers Ambulances is recognized as an innovator in ambulance engineering, introducing and perfecting details that keep paramedics and occupants safe while meeting today's global challenges.
Demers Ambulances is accredited ISO 9001:II008 and by Transport Canada and the USA DOT, by the National Truck Equipment Association (NTEA) in the USA within their "MEMBER VERIFICATION PROGRAM" and recognized as a "QUALIFIED VEHICLES MODIFIER" (QVM) by the Ford Motor Company and, an approved up fitter for Mercedes Benz Sprinter Customer Assurance Program, Demers ambulances meet or exceed the highest standards in the industry.
The company is headquartered in Beloeil, Quebec, and has a production facility in Plattsburgh, New York. To learn more about Demers Ambulances, visit demers-ambulances.com
About First Priority Emergency Vehicles
First Priority Emergency Vehicles established in 1998 and has become the leading North East regional player in the emergency vehicle arena. First Priority Emergency Vehicles is one of the world's leading distributors of a comprehensive array of firefighting, emergency medical, specialized rescue and mobile health vehicles and equipment. To learn more, visit: http://firstpriorityglobal.net/
SOURCE Demers-Ambulances inc.