● Three quarters of US citizens interviewed agree that human activities are the main cause to climate change.
● The most worrying environmental issues include air pollution (68% of US respondents) and water pollution (67%)
● However, Americans are quite less concerned about over-consumption (33% of mentions), even though theywould actually need 4 Earths to sustain their consumption needs.
The US are the second largest emitter after China and Americans are aware of their weighty environmental impact as a top carbon emitters as more than two third of US respondents (72%) classify the country in the top 10.They are willing to reduce their carbon footprint by adopting changes in their daily life such as:
● Shutting off lights in unused rooms (27%)
● reducing consumption, reusing and recycling (24)
● limiting the waste of food (15%)
● reducing the use of water (14%)
● buying Energy Star home appliances (13%)
Millennials are also willing to act on their travel habits to contribute to a lesser environmental impact.
To see all figures and read the full report, please click here.
To download creative common licensed infographics to illustrate your article, please click here.
About Reportlinker Insight:
Reportlinker Insight combines analysis and exclusive investigations.
We cover innovations, social and economics megatrends to understand the world of tomorrow. For more information, please visit http://www.reportlinker.com/insight/.
T: +1 347 903 1913
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/cop22-is-opening-in-morocco-but-what-has-been-learned-from-cop21-agreements-300358811.html