Coptic Solidarity Calls For A Demonstration On Wednesday, September 26 During Mr. Morsi's Speech At the UN
WASHINGTON, Sept. 25, 2012 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Coptic Solidarity is calling for a peaceful demonstration to tell Egyptian President Morsi that Coptic Christians deserve equal citizenship rights. This demonstration calls for peace, coexistence and equal human rights for all Egyptian citizens and that Egypt must not be turned into another Iran.
Egyptian President Morsi will be at the United Nations on Wednesday, September 26, 2012.
Ever since the Muslim Brotherhood took over Egypt's revolution of January 2011 and usurped the government's rule, several alarming changes have taken place:
- The increasing Islamization and Ikhwanization (from "Ikhwan;" Brotherhood in Arabic) of the State in Egypt with all its institutions;
- A constitution that codifies religious fascism is being hurriedly written;
- Hundreds of convicted terrorists were released from Egyptian prisons or allowed into the country, turning Egypt into a potential major harbor for Jihadist terrorism;
- The Muslim Brotherhood and its Salafist allies led the barbaric incitement to attack embassies and U.S. interests in the newly Islamist-dominated Middle East countries;
- Mr. Morsi (emulating Iran's Ayatullahs) incessantly affirms his identity as an Islamist leader of an Islamist state;
- Just like under the Mubarak regime, journalists have been arrested and prosecuted for "insulting the president";
- Under Morsi, Islamist extremists have been appointed to head the State press and audiovisual media;
- There has been no progress with respect to the citizenship rights of Copts, but instead there seems to be a deliberate increase by the state and extremist elements in the society, in the Copts' marginalization, humiliation, persecution and treatment as submissive dhimmis in the Ikhwani-Salafist state;
- Unfair and biased "blasphemy" trials, with the aim to humiliate, repress, and intimidate, are conducted against Copts, in a way that is contrary to the axioms of justice in the civilized world;
- Calling for an international "anti-blasphemy" agreement that would undermine freedom of belief and expression and counter America's First Amendment;
- Copts and moderate Muslims are increasingly fleeing from Egypt to emigrate to places where they can live their lives in, freedom safety and peace.
Coptic Solidarity calls upon all those who do not want Egypt to turn into another Iran to join in the demonstrations.
Location: 47th St. and 1st Ave., New York, NY
Date: Wednesday, September 26, 2012
Time: 10 AM to 4 PM
Please call Magdi Khalil at (202) 725-8324, or Hal Meawad (240) 644-515
Coptic Solidarity is an organization seeking to help minorities, particularly the Copts of Egypt, and support those working for democracy, freedom, and the protection of the fundamental rights of all Egyptian citizens. The international organization has headquarters in the Washington, D.C., area in the U.S., with key branches currently in Paris (for Europe) and Cairo.
For further information please contact us at:
SOURCE Coptic Solidarity
More by this Source
Coptic Solidarity Opposes Inclusion of Sharia in New Egyptian Constitution
Nov 26, 2013, 09:25 ET
Coptic Solidarity Stresses the Adoption of "Affirmative Action" in Egypt's Constitution
Nov 21, 2013, 08:37 ET
Coptic Solidarity Applauds Passage of Special Envoy Bill
Sep 24, 2013, 09:24 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.