SAN FRANCISCO, Sept. 1, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Cora, the organic tampon company on a mission to modernize period management, has partnered with Target to bring women across the country a healthy organic tampon with design-led accessories to fit her lifestyle. In addition, every box of Cora purchased helps provide menstrual products to a girl in need in a developing country.
Cora's premium organic tampon collection is available starting today in more than 200 Target locations nationwide and online at Target.com.
For Target, Cora translated its unique online experience-driven concept that launched the company six months ago. Cora now brings its most popular signature features to the Target customer – premium organic cotton tampons with BPA-free compact plastic applicators, modern and sophisticated packaging, practical accessories, and a dedication to giving back to girls in need globally with each Cora product sold.
The Cora at Target launch marks the first time that the growing start-up has been available for in-store retail purchase -- previously, Cora was exclusively sold online through a tailored subscription model (https://cora.life).
Cora x Target Product Features and Details:
- Cora's high-performing premium organic cotton tampons are made with GOTS certified organic cotton
- Fearless Fit design provides with width-wise expansion and an octagonal design for maximum absorbency and leak protection
- Sleek BPA-free compact plastic applicators for comfortable insertion and discretion
- Soft, quiet wrappers
- Available in two sizes (regular and super) in quantities of four, 18 and 3
(18-Pack Regular, 18-Pack Super, 36-Pack Multi, 4-Pack Multi)
- Created to further elevate the period experience with a more stylish and convenient design
- Storage Box: The bottom portion of the Cora box is made of a premium soft-touch material with minimal branding to serve as a reusable storage container that can sit confidently atop a woman's vanity or dresser
- Clutch: The 4-Pack Multi, aka the "Purse Pack," is perfectly sized to carry around all day or stash into a yoga bag or travel case
- Stowaways: An individually packaged tampon great for giving to a friend (One Stowaway comes in each pack of 18 or 36 tampons)
- Woman for Woman Giving Initiative
- Every box of Cora purchased at Target helps to provide menstrual education and supplies to girls in need
- Cora partners with organizations in developing countries that produce and provide sustainable sanitary pads and provides menstrual health education to girls and women.
Founders Molly Hayward and Morgen Newman said, "Target has proven time and again its dedication to partnering with new brands that are trailblazers in their respective industries, particularly when those brands support the movement for healthier and more sustainable products. The Target guest is smart, sophisticated, and savvy. We are thrilled to expand Cora beyond our subscription model as it allows more women in the U.S. to access our high-performing organic period products, while also helping Cora expand its commitment to providing menstrual care to girls and women in need domestically and in developing countries. We won't stop until every woman on the planet has access to the safe and healthy menstrual products she deserves."
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/cora-at-target-the-savvy-tampon-start-up-goes-to-mainstream-retail-300321774.html