Corboy & Demetrio's Thomas Demetrio Speaks to California Media about Crash of Asiana Flight 214
Tom Demetrio, founding partner of Corboy & Demetrio, was interviewed live by KABC radio show host Larry Elder about liability in the crash of Asiana Flight 214. Tom has represented plane crash victims and their families for more than 30 years.
CHICAGO, July 10, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Chicago lawyer Thomas A. Demetrio, who has represented victims in nearly every major plane crash case since the 1970s, was interviewed live by KABC radio show host Larry Elder in a segment about plane crash lawsuits on "The Larry Elder Show" on July 8, 2013.
Tom Demetrio, a founding partner of Corboy & Demetrio, said the NTSB is fortunate to have the flight voice recorder, black box, all four pilots and eyewitnesses as it investigates the cause of the Asiana crash. "I think they will be able to determine the core cause much sooner in this case, which is usually up to two years after the crash," Demetrio said.
Tom was also interviewed by WFLD-TV in Chicago for a segment analyzing the safest place to sit on a plane. Tom told FOX that from a structural standpoint, it's not the first class cabin. "So while you may get your drinks and an upgrade on meals, it's historically not the safest place to be," Demetrio said.
Tom Demetrio and his Chicago law firm have represented dozens of survivors of plane crashes and families of those who have died in plane crashes nationwide for more than 30 years.
Some of Corboy & Demetrio's significant plane crash cases include:
- USAir Flight 427, a Boeing 737 aircraft that crashed en route from Chicago to Pittsburgh in 1994, on behalf of a 58-year-old Pennsylvania man. Corboy & Demetrio was lead plaintiff's counsel.
- Crash of United Airlines jet in Sioux City, Iowa. Corboy & Demetrio was lead plaintiff's counsel and represented 38 passengers or their survivors.
- American Airlines Flight 191 at O'Hare International Airport where 271 people on board and two on ground were killed. Corboy & Demetrio represented 27 of the families.
- Settlement in TWA Flight 800 that crashed off Long Island.
- Corboy & Demetrio represented the families of two Asian teenage students who were on holiday and other passengers aboard a Scenic Airlines plane that crashed in the Grand Canyon.
- American Eagle flight that crashed near Morrisville, North Carolina.
- American Eagle flight that crashed near Roselawn, Indiana.
- Plane crash that killed musician Jim Croce and helicopter crash that killed musician Stevie Ray Vaughan.
- Aero-Peru Flight that crashed near Lima, Peru.
- American Airlines jet crash near Cali, Columbia.
About Corboy & Demetrio
Corboy & Demetrio is one of the nation's premier law firms. The personal injury law firm represents individuals and their families in serious personal injury and wrongful death cases and is renowned for its achievements in the courtroom and for its contributions to the community. The rights and concerns of its clients are at the core of Corboy & Demetrio's practice. That commitment, dedication, compassion and relentless drive has resulted in exceptional service and exceptional results for its clients. The Chicago law firm has acquired more than $3 billion in settlements and verdicts and has attained almost 600 settlements and verdicts in excess of $1 million. To contact Tom Demetrio or another Chicago personal injury lawyer at our firm, call 312-346-3191 or toll free at 800-356-3191. We are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. For more information about our law firm go to corboydemetrio.com.
SOURCE Corboy & Demetrio
More by this Source
Corboy & Demetrio Named to 2014 'Best Law Firms' by U.S. News & Best Lawyers
Nov 08, 2013, 10:13 ET
Corboy & Demetrio Lawyer Matt Jenkins Named to Elite '40 Under Forty'
Oct 04, 2013, 17:12 ET
Corboy & Demetrio Leader in Illinois Leading Lawyers for 2013
Sep 23, 2013, 14:41 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.