CoreMedia and Sevenval Partner to Empower Consistent, Context-Aware Customer Engagement on Virtually Any Type of Device
Companies Enhance Integrated Web Apps Solution with Mobile Preview Capability for Reviewing and Refining Content Faster
HAMBURG, Germany and SAN FRANCISCO, Nov. 22, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- CoreMedia, a leading Web content management (WCM) company, and Sevenval, a leader in mobile and multi-channel Web technology, today announced they have deepened their technology partnership and enhanced their integrated solution for device-independent management and delivery of mobile content. The new solution includes a unique mobile preview function for Web app publishers to better design, test and deliver an optimized, context-aware and device specific experience to over 9,000 mobile devices.
- CoreMedia and Sevenval partnered to integrate the latest capabilities of Sevenval's FIT Technology into CoreMedia CMS to enable businesses to create and publish mobile Web applications and dynamic content on virtually any mobile platform or device without requiring specific knowledge of those devices or IT skills.
- The Sevenval technology is integrated with CoreMedia CMS's Adaptive Device Delivery Module, which understands and exploits the strengths of each device. Sevenval's unique FIT Technology automatically optimizes and delivers content, images and videos due to the capabilities of the device. The output can be published as a mobile Web site, a dynamic mobile Web application, or delivered directly to the client API of a native mobile application.
- As a result of the integration, businesses can deliver content that not only leverages the custom interaction patterns and strengths of each device, but also adapts to the user's "context" – the interaction between the user, the device, the environment and the content itself.
- The new integrated offering from CoreMedia and Sevenval features a preview function that allows editors to see what their content looks like on a wide range of popular mobile platforms and devices before they publish it. This equips businesses to more easily review and edit their mobile content on the fly without requiring the intervention of IT, and as a result more quickly execute against their desired mobile marketing initiatives.
- Content publishers access the mobile preview function in CoreMedia Studio, a zero-install Web interface where business users can access their content ecosystem, create relevant business rules and see the impact of their work in real time.
- Instead of requiring companies to develop applications for each device platform, CoreMedia CMS and Sevenval save significant time and cost by leveraging a Web application distribution model to deliver a context-aware, consistent Web experience from a single source that automatically adapts to any web-enabled device worldwide like PCs, smartphones, tablets and internet-TV.
- Sevenval's recently enhanced markup language, FITML4, supports both HTML5-based devices as well as all non-HTML5 devices, ensuring compatibility with all mobile operating systems including Android, Apple iOS and Windows Mobile.
"Organizations are looking for efficient ways to leverage all the new mobile devices on the market, which allow for a completely new way to interact with online customers," said Mick MacComascaigh, Research VP, Gartner, Inc. "Businesses need to re-evaluate their websites, customer portals and Web-based applications to ensure they provide adequate support for access from smartphones and tablets or face a serious competitive disadvantage."
"It's clear that the mobile Web channel has taken center stage and businesses understand that they can no longer treat it as an afterthought, with poorly-conceived mobile content and an unsatisfactory Web experience for the customer," said Glenn Conradt, Vice President of Global Marketing, CoreMedia. "We first forged our partnership with Sevenval to meet the consumer demand for contextualized content that is tailored to their individual needs, preferences and device. With the addition of the mobile preview function, we've further zeroed in on what marketers need to perfect their offerings and ensure they are delivering a satisfying and engaging end-user experience."
"As organizations capitalize on the growing mobile Web channel as a way to build brand awareness and customer loyalty, it is critical they are able to personally engage consumers across the rapidly expanding number of mobile channels in the most cost effective, efficient manner," said Jorg Ruwe Managing Director, Sevenval. "With CoreMedia CMS and the Sevenval FIT Technology, organizations can deliver customized experiences on any mobile device without the overhead of creation, distribution and maintenance of a native application development approach."
The integrated CoreMedia and Sevenval solution is a feature of CoreMedia CMS and is available now for purchase from CoreMedia.
- User experience from a mobile smartphone: www.coremedia.com/mobile
- CoreMedia Studio mobile preview screenshots
- CoreMedia Adaptive Device Delivery Datasheet
CoreMedia is a leading provider of Web Content Management (WCM) software to organizations demanding engaging, context-driven online experiences for their customers regardless of channel or touchpoint. The company's WCM suite offers unique business value by seamlessly integrating digital and social media assets, increasing editorial productivity and accelerating time to market in complex environments. As a result, businesses can more effectively execute their online strategies to engage users, build customer loyalty and ultimately drive greater revenue and profitability.
Established in 1996, CoreMedia is headquartered in Hamburg, Germany, with offices in San Francisco, London, and Singapore. CoreMedia's clients include global brands, such as the American Association of Medical Colleges (AAMC), Australian Broadcasting Corporation (ABC), Bertelsmann, BILD, CLAAS, Continental, EPCOS, Deutsche Telekom, Internet Broadcasting, O2, SEAT, and Singapore Press Holdings.
For further information on CoreMedia, please visit www.coremedia.com
Sevenval is one of the world's leading mobile and multi-channel web software specialists. Sevenval has developed its FIT Technology to take on the challenge of increasing fragmentation caused by new handsets such as smartphones, tablet PCs, portable game consoles and internet-ready TV sets. The FIT Technology adjusts websites to the properties of handsets, operating systems and browsers. The automatic adaption process consider for example display size, supported markup, multimedia format and user interface concept. Customers can choose between an on-premises license, the FIT Server or the cloud service fitml.com. Sevenval is the first software company to give software developers the possibility to develop and operate their own mobile websites for free at www.fitml.com, using the company-owned markup language FITML 4. Sevenval also establishes a partner program to enable partners from the IT and software industry to implement mobile web projects using Sevenval software.
More by this Source
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.