Corporate Directors Forum Hosts Open Breakfast Event: "What Boards Need From Directors Today, And How Are They Found?"
SAN DIEGO, July 17, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- At Corporate Directors Forum's open breakfast event, experienced panelists will share tips and tools focused on how to find the right directors for your board – and for finding board seats for yourself. Amidst a challenging business climate, increasing tax and regulation challenges, and rapid technological advancements, businesses' needs are changing faster than ever, and boards must be prepared to adapt.
Expert panelists include:
- Phil Johnston, managing director, Spencer Stuart
- Aeisha Mastagni, investment officer, Corporate Governance Unit, CalSTRS
- Paul K. Laikind, Ph.D., CEO, ViaCyte Inc.; fmr. CEO, Metabasis Therapeutics Inc.
- M. Faye Wilson, director, BioMed Realty Trust Inc.; fmr. director, The Home Depot
Panelists will provide practical advice and discuss:
- How to ensure a board has the right mix of talent, experience and skills
- Ways to identify new director candidates that best fit a board's needs
- What works and what doesn't in searching for the best match
WHEN: Tuesday, July 30
7 – 7:30 a.m. – Coffee and Peer Networking
7:30 – 9 a.m. – Breakfast and Program
WHERE: Hyatt Regency La Jolla, in the Pavilion
3777 La Jolla Village Drive
San Diego, CA 92122
COST: Corporate Directors Forum Members – Free
Non-Members – $50
PAYMENT & RSVP: Please RSVP by Sunday, July 28. Payment in advance is required. To register, contact Corporate Directors Forum at 858/455-7930 or visit www.directorsforum.org.
Contact: Greg Kershaw
Nuffer, Smith, Tucker
619/296-0605, ext. 226
SOURCE Corporate Directors Forum
More by this Source
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.