SAN DIEGO, July 17, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- At Corporate Directors Forum's open breakfast event, experienced panelists will share tips and tools focused on how to find the right directors for your board – and for finding board seats for yourself. Amidst a challenging business climate, increasing tax and regulation challenges, and rapid technological advancements, businesses' needs are changing faster than ever, and boards must be prepared to adapt.
Expert panelists include:
- Phil Johnston, managing director, Spencer Stuart
- Aeisha Mastagni, investment officer, Corporate Governance Unit, CalSTRS
- Paul K. Laikind, Ph.D., CEO, ViaCyte Inc.; fmr. CEO, Metabasis Therapeutics Inc.
- M. Faye Wilson, director, BioMed Realty Trust Inc.; fmr. director, The Home Depot
Panelists will provide practical advice and discuss:
- How to ensure a board has the right mix of talent, experience and skills
- Ways to identify new director candidates that best fit a board's needs
- What works and what doesn't in searching for the best match
WHEN: Tuesday, July 30
7 – 7:30 a.m. – Coffee and Peer Networking
7:30 – 9 a.m. – Breakfast and Program
WHERE: Hyatt Regency La Jolla, in the Pavilion
3777 La Jolla Village Drive
San Diego, CA 92122
COST: Corporate Directors Forum Members – Free
Non-Members – $50
PAYMENT & RSVP: Please RSVP by Sunday, July 28. Payment in advance is required. To register, contact Corporate Directors Forum at 858/455-7930 or visit www.directorsforum.org.
Contact: Greg Kershaw
Nuffer, Smith, Tucker
619/296-0605, ext. 226
SOURCE Corporate Directors Forum