Corporate Visions Book 'Whiteboard Selling: Empowering Sales Through Visuals' Now Available Sales Enablement Expert Corey Sommers Shares Tips on Creating Whiteboards and Leveraging Visual Storytelling for More Effective Sales Conversations
INCLINE VILLAGE, Nev., April 8, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Corporate Visions, Inc., the leading sales and marketing messaging company, announced today that the book "Whiteboard Selling: Empowering Sales Through Visuals" is now available. Authored by the company's Senior Vice President of Whiteboard Strategy, Corey Sommers, and David Jenkins, the book offers practical guidance and a step-by-step approach for salespeople and marketers to transform their messages using whiteboarding as a visual storytelling technique.
"Whiteboards are one of the most powerful weapons in a salesperson's arsenal for effective conversations and translating complex value propositions into concrete and simple visual stories," said Sommers. "A science as well as an art, using this tool will bring your marketing and sales messages to life, help you stand out in today's competitive and fast-moving selling environment, and convince prospects and customers to make a change – and choose the product or service you're selling."
Leveraging their experience designing more than 500 whiteboards and training more than 50,000 salespeople worldwide, Sommers and Jenkins use this book to provide explanations, exercises and other activities to teach you how to create a whiteboard discussion framework. Specifically, they address:
- The end of the age of slides – the role of presentation slides in today's sales culture and training.
- The visual selling opportunity – the power of the pen, the science behind whiteboard selling and changing your approach to prospect interactions.
- What a whiteboard for sales actually is – when to use whiteboards in the sales process and the main types of whiteboards.
- Building a whiteboard for sales – how to build a whiteboard, including selecting the right topic, taking a sales message inventory and packaging a whiteboard.
- Enabling the field – field enablement options, how to measure success and ways to conduct a test drive.
- Presenting a whiteboard – best practices for using whiteboards in sales conversations.
"Using visuals to reach the decision-making part of your customers' and prospects' brains is crucial to sales success, especially since this region of the brain lacks the ability to process written language," Sommers added. "However, using a traditional PowerPoint presentation will simply lull your prospects to sleep, while whiteboards enable salespeople to have interactive conversations. That's why we wrote this book – to address this pain point and help companies become even more effective at having successful sales conversations that turn into increased revenue."
Bolstered by its acquisition of WhiteboardSelling in September 2012, Corporate Visions has deep expertise assisting clients with developing their whiteboard messaging, deploying those messages in a variety of whiteboard tools (Power Tools™), and teaching salespeople the skills for delivering whiteboards and visual storytelling.
For an overview of the importance of whiteboards and how the book will help you realize greater lead conversion, higher quota achievement, increased revenue growth and shorter sales cycles, watch this video: http://youtu.be/h2eIJuibyek.
About Corporate Visions, Inc.
Corporate Visions, Inc. helps global business-to-business companies create more sales opportunities, win more deals and increase sales profitability by improving the conversations salespeople have with customers. Companies engage Corporate Visions in three key areas:
- Developing differentiated messages that concentrate on customer needs
- Deploying tools that support critical steps in the buying cycle
- Delivering sales skills training that enables salespeople to create and capture more value
Corporate Visions helps clients such as ADP, Motorola, Philips and SAP align marketing and sales with a repeatable approach for creating and delivering winning customer conversations. For more information about Corporate Visions visit www.corporatevisions.com or call 775-831-1322 or 800-360-SELL.
SOURCE Corporate Visions, Inc.