Corporate Visions Survey Shows Disconnect Between Potential for Tablet-Fueled Sales Enablement and Tablet Expansion Plans at B2B Companies 83 Percent of Companies Currently Not Using Tablets Say They Have No Near-Term Plans to Implement Them, But 75 Percent of Respondents Believe Tablets Improve Sales Activities
LARKSPUR, Calif., Feb. 19, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Corporate Visions, Inc., the leading marketing and sales messaging, tools and training company, today announced survey results reflecting the responses of more than 700 business-to-business (B2B) marketers and salespeople from around the globe regarding their use of tablets to aid in sales-related activities. The survey revealed a surprising disconnect. Currently, only 23 percent of companies have deployed tablets. Of the respondents whose companies have not deployed tablets (77 percent), 83 percent said their companies have no plans to implement them, despite the fact that 75 percent of respondents believe such devices help, or would help improve sales activities.
A deeper break down of the survey results is as follows:
- While 83 percent of respondents said their organizations have no plans to purchase tablets for their sales teams, the remaining 17 percent said their organizations plan to implement them within:
- Three months – 4 percent
- Six months – 3 percent
- One year – 10 percent
- Among the 23 percent of respondents who said their organizations have purchased tablets, they noted the following activities are now conducted exclusively on these devices:
- Walk through a sales presentation live in front of customers – 60 percent
- Demo a solution live in front of customers – 56 percent
- Perform various CRM activities – 45 percent
- Customize or edit a sales presentation before customer meetings – 39 percent
- Whiteboard messages – 39 percent
- Send sales campaigns, collateral and product information to customers – 39 percent
- Review coaching documents to help prepare for sales calls – 37 percent
- When everyone surveyed was asked if the ability to deploy content and coaching to salespeople's tablets does/would improve sales activities, such as product launches and adoption of marketing messages and sales tools:
- 29 percent said tablets would help slightly improve the adoption of messages and tools
- 46 percent said tablets would significantly improve the adoption of messages and tools
"The results from this survey seem to show a tale of two conflicting viewpoints. The majority of people in marketing and sales believe tablets either do or can improve sales enablement, but nearly the same majority of companies have no near-term plans to deploy them," said Tim Riesterer, chief strategy and marketing officer for Corporate Visions. "Practically speaking, it seems tablets are the ideal tool for the outside sales rep who is constantly on-the-go and has a just-in-time mindset for how they access and consume sales enablement coaching and content. Being able to access the important messaging and materials they need when and where they need it, and then effectively delivering those messages during a sales conversation – which can happen anytime and anywhere – makes a perfect case for these mobile devices."
For more information and analysis of the survey findings, please watch this short video: http://cvi.to/1hs3hUq.
About Corporate Visions, Inc.
Corporate Visions is a leading marketing and sales messaging, tools, and skills company that helps global B2B companies create more sales opportunities, win more deals and increase sales profitability by improving the conversations salespeople have with customers. Companies engage Corporate Visions to help in three key areas:
- Developing compelling messages to break the status quo, differentiating their solution, justifying a purchase decision and protecting margins;
- Deploying that message through tools and visual stories to enable salespeople to engage multiple decision-makers across the buying cycle; and
- Delivering sales skills training that helps salespeople confidently use these messages and tools to create, elevate and capture more value in their customer conversations.
Corporate Visions helps clients such as ADP, Motorola, Philips, UPS, Cisco and others align marketing and sales with a repeatable approach for developing and delivering winning customer conversations. For more information about Corporate Visions, visit http://corporatevisions.com/ or call 415-464-4400 or 800-360-SELL.
Corporate Visions, Inc.
Davies Murphy Group, Inc.
SOURCE Corporate Visions, Inc.