LIVINGSTON, Calif., Nov. 10, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- With the countdown to turkey time and planning for the most anticipated meal of the year underway, Foster Farms is offering tips to help home cooks brine, roast, grill, stuff and carve the perfect bird. The comprehensive Turkey Tips webpage – which includes a turkey roasting/grilling timetable, a step-by-step carving tutorial with slideshow and a delicious stuffing recipe from Foster Farms co-founder Verda Foster – will help cooks of all levels prepare a flawless Thanksgiving turkey. A sampling of tips pulled from the webpage include:
- Brilliantly Brined: Use a heavy-duty container, such as food-grade plastic, stainless steel or glass, when brining the turkey. Do not use aluminum containers, as they are corrosive. Always refrigerate the brine solution, preferably overnight. If it is not cold, the meat will absorb too much salt.
- Roasting and Grilling Guidelines: Always use a meat thermometer. While boneless or ground turkey is fully cooked when it reaches an internal temperature of 165˚F, bone-in turkey is fully cooked when the meat thermometer reads 180˚F. For specific roasting and grilling times based on turkey weight and whether it's stuffed/unstuffed, check out the Roasting Turkey and Grilling Turkey webpages.
- Sumptuous Stuffing: Don't stuff the bird too tightly, as this will make the stuffing heavy. If you want more of the delicious side dish, bake it covered in an oven-proof dish to an internal temperature of 165⁰F.
- Carve It Like a Boss: To steady the bird, leave the wings on until you've carved both sides of the breast. To remove the wing, slice into the joint, which attaches it to the body, carving as much meat from the body as possible.
- Kitchen Safety: Remember to Always Be Careful when preparing, cooking and storing turkey. This means thorough hand washing, using separate cutting boards for raw meat, cooking to the proper internal temperature, refrigerating leftovers within two hours of cooking, and much more.
For complete details and recipes visit fosterfarms.com/turkey-tips.
About Foster Farms
Since 1939, West Coast families have depended on Foster Farms for premium quality chicken and turkey products. Family-owned and operated, the company continues its legacy of excellence and commitment to quality established by its founders, Max and Verda Foster. Foster Farms specializes in fresh, all natural chicken and turkey products free of preservatives, additives or injected sodium enhancers. Based in California's Central Valley, with ranches in the Pacific Northwest, the company's fresh chicken and turkey are produced in or near each region served. Foster Farms also produces delicious pre-marinated, ready-to-cook and fully cooked products that meet the quality and convenience needs of today's home cooks, retailers, warehouse clubs and foodservice customers. The company's commitment to excellence, honesty, quality, service and people is a source of great pride, and, a longtime family tradition.
Food safety is Foster Farms' highest priority and the company would like to remind consumers to always follow safe handling, preparation and storage guidelines for the preparation of fresh poultry products. All fresh poultry products should be cooked to an internal temperature of 165 degrees Fahrenheit as measured by a meat thermometer to ensure safety. Visit www.fosterfarms.com to learn more.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/countdown-to-turkey-time-foster-farms-provides-comprehensive-tips-for-the-perfect-thanksgiving-turkey-300360775.html
SOURCE Foster Farms