Country Time Lemonade Launches the 'Campaign for a Name' The World's Leading Lemonade Invites Fans to Help Name New Half & Half Drink
TARRYTOWN, N.Y., May 22, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- It's a brand that's been enjoyed by generations of families; in fact, Country Time has become synonymous with summer refreshment. Over the years, many flavors have been successfully introduced. Now, 2012 marks the launch of an exciting new selection – Country Time Half Lemonade & Half Iced Tea lemonade iced tea flavored drink mix.
Along with this new drink variety comes the need for a new nickname. How to solve this dilemma? A select group of celebrity Country Time fans will offer up their own name suggestions for the new Half & Half drink. Consumers can then choose their favorite or make their own suggestions via the Country Time Facebook page. Participating celebrities include Drew Brees, Kristen Chenoweth, Michael Waltrip and a surprise candidate to be revealed in early July.
"Summer is about getting ready for football and hanging with friends and family," said Drew Brees, record-setting quarterback. "Beyond that, everybody loves the feeling of the cool breeze from the ocean. How could you call it anything but the 'Brees?'"
Others have their own ideas. "Drew Brees is one heck of a football player," commented Michael Waltrip, veteran NASCAR driver and owner of Waltrip Racing. "But I actually drove the Country Time car back in the day, and I can't think of anything more fitting than the new drink to simply be called 'The Waltrip.'"
"No disrespect, but this is about a new version of a drink that has been around and loved for a while," said Brandon Jennings, star point guard of the Milwaukee Bucks. "I love this move. Since I was a little kid I've been mixing Country Time with all kinds of other drinks. Let's just call it 'The Brandon.' That sounds great to me!"
"Entering the iced tea segment is exciting for us," said Brett Hartmann, Brand Manager of Country Time, "We think the Half & Half blend could use a new nickname and with so many celebrities involved, this is sure to be an exciting promotion."
The Campaign for a Name competition will be promoted through multiple forms of digital and social media, including in real time on the Country Time Facebook page and the YouTube channel.
As the summer progresses, consumers who participate in Campaign for a Name on the Country Time Facebook page will have the opportunity to campaign and garner support for their favorite celebrities to encourage their success. The most ardent of fans will be named a Campaign Manager and will be among those who will have a chance to win an experience with their favorite candidate.
Campaign for a Name Overview:
- A digital campaign for the new Country Time Half & Half was launched May 1 on the Country Time Facebook page
- Campaign for a Name allows consumers to weigh in on what should be the Official "Unofficial" Nickname for Country Time Half & Half over social media channels
- Fans and celebrities can nominate and share possible names for County Time Half & Half
- Kristin Chenoweth, Drew Brees and Michael Waltrip will participate in video content supporting the campaign beginning on May 15; a surprise candidate will participate in early July
- Campaign teaser was released on May 15; five video segments to be released throughout the summer (release dates are June 1, June 15, July 5, July 11, July 24) and a victory speech video at the end of the campaign on September 3
- Country Time will launch a consumer Campaign Manager sweepstakes on June 21 on the brand's Facebook page: fans participate in campaign engagement activities on behalf of their candidate for a chance to meet the celebrity in person
- Celebrity winner will be announced on September 3 when the Country Time Facebook page will relaunch with the winning celebrity and nickname
New Country Time Half Lemonade & Half Iced Tea Drink Mix comes in canisters that make eight or 34 quarts and is available wherever groceries are sold across the U.S. Look for Country Time on Facebook (www.facebook.com/countrytime) and on Twitter (www.twitter.com/countrytime). There's no purchase necessary to enter. For complete details regarding the sweepstakes, visit www.facebook.com/countrytime beginning June 21, 2012.
About Kraft Foods:
Kraft Foods Inc. (NYSE: KFT) is a global snacks powerhouse with an unrivaled portfolio of brands people love. Proudly marketing delicious biscuits, confectionery, beverages, cheese, grocery products and convenient meals in approximately 170 countries, Kraft Foods had 2011 revenue of $54.4 billion. Twelve of the company's iconic brands – Cadbury, Jacobs, Kraft, LU, Maxwell House, Milka, Nabisco, Oreo, Oscar Mayer, Philadelphia, Tang and Trident – generate revenue of more than $1 billion annually. On Aug. 4, 2011, Kraft Foods announced plans to divide and create two independent public companies: a high-growth global snacks business and a high-margin North American grocery business. The transaction is expected to be completed before the end of 2012. A leader in innovation, marketing, health & wellness and sustainability, Kraft Foods is a member of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, Standard & Poor's 500, Dow Jones Sustainability Index and Ethibel Sustainability Index. Visit www.kraftfoodscompany.com and www.facebook.com/kraftfoodscorporate.
SOURCE Kraft Foods Inc.