SAN MATEO, Calif., Nov. 8, 2011 /PRNewswire/ --
WHAT: CourseSmart®, the world's largest provider of eTextbooks and digital course materials, and Campus Technology, a leading higher education technology publication, today announced details around their upcoming webinar, Making the Move to a Digital Campus: Best Practices and Pitfalls from the Front Lines, which will be held on November 10, 2011.
During the free, one-hour webinar, representatives from three institutions will share their unique experiences of adopting digital course materials on their campus, challenges encountered while integrating the technology and advice to colleges and universities considering a similar digital solution. Presenters include:
- Judy Lowe, assistant vice president-center for distributed education and multi media at Chattanooga State Community College;
- Chris Manriquez, associate vice president for information technology/academic technology officer at Cal State University Fullerton; and
- Dennis A. Trinkle, Ph.D., provost and chief academic officer at Harrison College.
Moderated by Linda Briggs, contributing editor at Campus Technology, the panel will tackle key issues including faculty and student resistance to eTextbook programs as well as highlight the benefits each institution has experienced since adopting their digital course materials solution. Additional discussion includes how to:
- Reduce costs up to 60% over traditional textbook and content delivery methods;
- Provide anytime, anywhere access to materials through any web-enabled mobile device;
- Meet adoption timeliness and transparency standards in course materials selection as stipulated in the Higher Education Opportunity Act (HEOA);
- Achieve greater ROI on existing campus platform investments;
- Provide faculty and students with instant and seamless access to course materials; and
- Ensure the latest accessibility standard for students and faculty with disabilities.
WHO: Higher education administrators, faculty, IT professionals and academic leaders committed to improving students' academic experience and using technology to increase learning outcomes.
WHEN: The webinar will be held Thursday, November 10, 2011, at 11 AM PT / 2 PM ET.
Join the conversation on Twitter by following @CourseSmart_ and #edtechchat.
WHERE: To register for the free webinar, please visit http://ow.ly/7lhmM
As the world's largest provider of digital course materials, CourseSmart® connects education publishers to consumers by providing an efficient distribution platform for their best-selling content in digital form. Founded in 2007, the San Mateo, Calif.-based company provides services to four business segments: Online direct retail for students; Indirect distribution of course materials to students through bookstores; Online faculty textbook evaluation services; and Institutional solutions for faculty and students that are integrated within campus technology ecosystems. CourseSmart improves the educational process and experience by offering all users anywhere, any-time access to the course content they need, including those with vision- and print-related disabilities. With more than 90% of the same core titles offered by major print publishers, the company's eTextbooks can be purchased for up to 60% less than the cost of new print textbooks. For more information about CourseSmart, visit the company's Web site at www.coursesmart.com.
© 2011 CourseSmart, LLC. All Rights Reserved. CourseSmart® is a registered trademark of CourseSmart, LLC. All other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.