Coverity Drives Developer Collaboration Around the Globe with Coverity 6.0 and New Online Developer Community
CoverityConnect brings together developers, technical experts in quality and security
SAN FRANCISCO, April 17, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Coverity, Inc., the leader in development testing, today announced the availability of the latest version of its development testing platform, Coverity 6.0, and its new online developer community, CoverityConnect. Coverity 6.0 makes it faster and easier than ever to share defect information across geographically distributed development teams. With CoverityConnect, based on the Jive platform, developers have a central place to network and collaborate with other Coverity users, Coverity technical product experts, and the development community at large to gather and share best practices for development testing.
"Today's development organization consists of distributed teams across geographic regions. Breaking down silos and sharing information is an imperative given increasingly rapid delivery cycles," said Jennifer Johnson, vice president of marketing at Coverity. "With the launch of CoverityConnect and Coverity 6.0, we are continuing our mission to help developers seamlessly adopt development testing into their process. Making it easy for developers to collaborate and share information helps ensure better productivity, faster time to market, and higher quality software delivery."
New features available in Coverity 6.0 include:
- Improved Defect Management Collaboration: Reduce the time and cost of identifying, researching and resolving defects across shared code branches through a simplified and centralized defect management database.
- Customized Defect Management Workflow: Classify, prioritize, and report on defects aligned to the organization's internal workflow, policies and standards.
- Enhanced Analysis Coverage: Gain greater accuracy of results with over 40 new or enhanced quality and security checkers.
- Enhanced Java Quality Performance: Accelerate defect identification and resolution with up to 2x Java analysis speed improvements.
The CoverityConnect community includes:
- Developer Forums: Join discussion groups and forums on a variety of technical topics related to development testing.
- Coverity Product Forums and Featured Experts: Gain access to a rich knowledge repository of FAQs and tips and tricks, network with other Coverity users and Coverity technical product experts, and learn from the featured expert of the week.
- Coverity Code Exchange: Gather and share sample automation scripts, custom developed checkers, and web services wrappers to help with deployment and workflow integration.
- Coverity Security Research Laboratory: Engage with the security research team as they share their expert insights, observations, and research on the latest security trends and best practices for addressing security in development.
Coverity (www.coverity.com), the development testing leader, is the trusted standard for companies that need to protect their brands and bottom lines from software failures. More than 1,100 Coverity customers use Coverity's development testing suite of products to automatically test source code for software defects that could lead to product crashes, unexpected behavior, security breaches, or catastrophic failure. Coverity is a privately held company headquartered in San Francisco. Coverity is funded by Foundation Capital and Benchmark Capital. Follow us on Twitter or check out our blog.
SOURCE Coverity, Inc.
More by this Source
Coverity Named SIIA Software CODiE Award Finalist for Best Open Source Innovation
Apr 09, 2014, 09:00 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.