PHOENIX, May 14, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Cox Communications was recognized as one of the DiversityInc Top 50 Companies for Diversity for the eighth time. For the last seven years, Cox has ranked in the top 25, with a ranking of No. 22 this year, up from No. 25 in 2012.
Cox was further heralded for its diversity leadership with a No. 4 ranking in the DiversityInc Top 10 Companies for Blacks.
"Diversity and inclusion are core values that are woven into every aspect of Cox's culture and business operations," said Steve Rizley, Senior Vice President & General Manager, Cox Communications-Southwest Region. "We strive to have an employee base that mirrors the communities we serve."
Cox's inclusion on these prestigious lists can be attributed to the comprehensive approach it takes to diversity, which includes ensuring the company is not only inclusive in hiring and retaining employees, but also in its supplier relationships, community outreach and the products and services it offers.
"Additionally, we pride ourselves on promoting diversity beyond the walls of Cox, through our support of nonprofits such as Boys & Girls Clubs, YMCA, Diversity Leadership Alliance, Valle Del Sol and the NAACP's Freedom Fund that builds strong partnerships in our community every day," said Rizley.
DiversityInc 2013 survey results show that Top 50 companies have:
- 76% more Blacks, Latinos and Asians on their boards of directors than the Fortune 500
- 54% more women on their boards of directors than the Fortune 500
- 43% more women in the top level (CEO and direct reports) than the Fortune 500
- 16.6% more Blacks, Latinos and Asians in the top level (CEO and direct reports) than the Fortune 500
- 14 times more CEOs who are Black, Latino or Asian than the Fortune 500 (16% of Top 50 CEOs are Black, Latino or Asian vs. 1.2% for the Fortune 500)
In addition, DiversityInc notes that Top 50 companies have 51% more employees in resource groups than they did five years ago and donated 53% more to multicultural charities than they did five years ago.
SOURCE Cox Communications