Cox Sponsors FREE 2010 Summer Concert Series at Neptune's Park
CHESAPEAKE, Va., June 15 /PRNewswire/ -- Cox Communications is again sponsoring the Summer Concert Series; it will again be held at the 31st Street Park at Virginia Beach Oceanfront. The 2010 Summer Concert Series includes numerous diverse national recording artists. All the concerts are FREE and open to the public, and will begin at 7:00 p.m.
Chris Pantoya, Cox Vice President of Marketing said, "Cox is excited to continue our sponsorship of this wonderful event. We are very committed to our involvement in and support of the local community and are thrilled to bring such a diverse group of musicians to Virginia Beach."
The 2010 schedule is as follows:
June 24: Sister Hazel with Danni Rosner
- Sister Hazel is well known for their hit "All For You." Over the years, the band has not only sold over two million albums and had six top 30 singles, but also earned a platinum disc with Somewhere More Familiar and a gold disc with Fortress.
July 13: Vertical Horizon with Chasing Arrows
- Vertical Horizon has been #1 on Billboard's Hot 100 and Adult Top 40 charts with their title song from their first major release, "Everything You Want." Other hit songs include "You're a God" and "Best I Ever Had."
July 22: The Fabulous Thunderbirds with Rich Whiskey Audition
- The Fabulous Thunderbirds incorporates a diversity of musical styles such as R&B, rock n' roll, and the blues. The Fabulous Thunderbirds are well known for their hit songs, "Tuff Enuff," "Look At That," and "Wrap It Up."
August 4: Big Shot (A Billy Joel tribute) with Mike Proffit
- Big Shot plays Billy Joel's hit songs and is committed to the accurate reproduction of Billy Joel's collection of works.
August 19: The Smithereens with Butter
- The Smithereens have been on the Top 40 with their songs "Say Anything" and "Too Much Passion." Other hit songs include "A Girl Like You" and "Only A Memory."
September 2: Cowboy Mouth with Pawn Shop Lifters
- Cowboy Mouth has a New Orleans rock n' roll sound and caters to various types of audiences. Cowboy Mouth is well known for their songs "Love of My Life," "Everybody Loves Jill," "Easy," and "Disconnected."
The 2010 Cox Communications Free Concert Series is produced by Catch 31 and Integrated Management Group.
About Cox Communications:
Cox Communications is a broadband communications and entertainment company, providing advanced digital video, Internet, telephone and wireless services over its own nationwide IP network. The third-largest U.S. cable TV company, Cox serves more than 6 million residences and businesses. Cox Business is a facilities-based provider of voice, video and data solutions for commercial customers, and Cox Media is a full-service provider of national and local cable spot and new media advertising. Cox is known for its pioneering efforts in cable telephone and commercial services, industry-leading customer care and its outstanding workplaces. For seven years, Cox has been recognized as the top operator for women by Women in Cable Telecommunications; for five years, Cox has ranked among DiversityInc's Top 50 Companies for Diversity, and the company holds a perfect score in the Human Rights Campaign's Corporate Equality Index. More information about Cox Communications, a wholly owned subsidiary of Cox Enterprises, is available at www.cox.com and www.coxmedia.com.
SOURCE Cox Communications
More by this Source
Cox Expands Home Security and Smart Home Product to Las Vegas
Apr 16, 2014, 15:30 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.