HUNT VALLEY, Md., Sept. 8, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Sweltering temperatures are on the way out, making way for beautiful changing leaves and the familiar scent of pumpkin pie spice. Just in time for family trips to the pumpkin patch and parties with spooky desserts and drinks, McCormick has created recipes to help you celebrate all the flavors of autumn and its warm hues.
"The crisp air seems to inspire us all to start baking again," said McCormick Executive Chef Kevan Vetter. "Create an autumn frosting palate with our new Color from Nature Food Colors, which are made from ingredients such as beets and turmeric. You can combine the trio of starter colors – berry, sunflower and sky blue – to make everything from a maroon glaze for an Autumn Leaf Cookie to yellow-and-orange-tinted white chocolate to make Candy Corn Fudge."
- Pumpkin Patch Cupcakes: Ice cupcakes with green frosting then top with a marshmallow "pumpkin" dipped in orange frosting for a sweet addition to your fall gathering. Use a chocolate taffy roll for the pumpkin stem.
- Glazed Autumn Leaf Cookies: Decorate leaf-shaped maple cookies with glazes tinted the stunning colors of fall foliage, like maroon, forest and pumpkin.
- Spiced Caramel Apple Cider: Make this seasonal coffeehouse favorite at home with apple cider, caramel topping and apple pie spice. Add an extra touch of flavor with maple, rum or orange extract.
- Spiced Cupcakes with Autumn Colored Cream Cheese Frosting: Frost these spice cupcakes in different shades of yellow and orange, and organize in an ombre formation -- from dark to light - for a colorful addition to your dessert table.
- Halloween Monster Cupcakes: Topped with decorations like candy eyeballs and colorful fur-like frosting, these spooky cupcakes will impress adults and kids alike.
- Candy Corn Fudge: Inspired by Halloween's favorite candy, this delicious white chocolate fudge has yellow and orange layers. Cut into small triangles and wrap in cellophane for a fun addition to party goodie bags.
- Orange Hocus Pocus Fizz: Blend rum, coconut and pineapple juice into an enchanted drink that's sure to be a Halloween hit. Leave out the sparkling wine and rum for a whimsical "mocktail" everyone can enjoy.
- Pumpkin Cupcakes with Candy Corn Colored Buttercream: Frost pumpkin cupcakes with layers of white, yellow and orange buttercream frosting.
The McCormick Kitchens recommend using Color from Nature Food Colors in icing, beverages and other no-bake recipes for best results. For more tips and recipes for the fall and Halloween season, visit McCormick.com. Also, check us out on Pinterest and Facebook.
To download food photography, visit the digital press room at www.McCormick.com/Press-Room.
McCormick & Company, Incorporated is a global leader in flavor. With $4.3 billion in annual sales, the company manufactures, markets and distributes spices, seasoning mixes, condiments and other flavorful products to the entire food industry – retail outlets, food manufacturers and foodservice businesses. Every day, no matter where or what you eat, you can enjoy food flavored by McCormick. McCormick Brings Passion to Flavor™. For more information, visit www.mccormickcorporation.com.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/create-spook-tacular-treats-and-spiced-sweets-this-fall-300324859.html