CLEVELAND, June 26, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Summer travelers going overseas for the first time may be unaware that most credit cards charge a 3% fee on purchases made outside of the United States. And many of the cards that don't charge this fee instead have an annual fee, usually because they are catering to frequent travelers. To help the occasional traveler save when purchasing outside of the U.S., CreditCardCatalog.com has named the top five no-annual-fee credit cards for international travel. These cards have no international transaction fees, no annual fee, and include rewards that any consumer will appreciate.
The best no-annual-fee credit cards for international travel are:
- Capital One Premier Dining Rewards Card – No annual or international fees and 3% cash back on dining, 2% on groceries and 1% on all other purchases
- BankAmericard Travel Rewards Card – No annual or international fees and 1.5 points per dollar charged to the card
- Amazon Rewards Visa – No annual or international fees and 2% back at restaurants, gas stations and drugstores, 3% back on Amazon.com purchases (5% for Amazon Prime members) and 1% back on other purchases
- Wyndham Rewards Visa – No annual or international fees and you can earn points in a variety of ways toward free stays at Wyndham properties
- Citizens Bank Cash Back Plus World MasterCard – No annual or international fees and you get 1.5% cash back on all purchases
"While three percent may not seem like much, that could easily add up to $100 or more in extra fees on an international trip," said Adam Jusko, Founder & CEO of CreditCardCatalog.com. "Many people save for long periods of time to afford world travel; there's no reason to pay extra fees when they are so easily avoided with a little pre-planning."
For further information on the cards listed here, see http://www.creditcardcatalog.com/best-no-annual-fee-credit-cards-international-travel/
CreditCardCatalog.com offers credit card comparisons and reviews for consumers and small businesses, as well as compiling a range of industry statistics such as current and historical card interest rates, average card debt, and more. Unlike many card industry sites that restrict their coverage to credit card companies that pay them for leads, CreditCardCatalog.com attempts to include the whole universe of credit cards in its coverage, from both large and small issuers. Founder & CEO Adam Jusko has tracked the credit card industry for over 15 years. Visit CreditCardCatalog.com at http://www.CreditCardCatalog.com.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/creditcardcatalogcom-names-the-best-no-annual-fee-credit-cards-for-international-travel-300478886.html