BOSTON, Dec. 20, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Credo, the leader in information and digital literacy solutions for libraries, today announced that Literati Public was named a finalist for the 2013 SIIA Content CODiE Awards for Best General Reference Service.
Serving as the pre-eminent awards program for the software and information industries, the SIIA CODiE Awards have been honoring excellence for 27 years. This year's program has 75 categories organized by industry focus in Content, Education and Software. Finalists in the Content categories represent the best products, technologies, and services created by or for media, publishers, and information services providers.
What makes Literati Public such a powerful solution is its combination of innovative technology, engaging content and customized services that promote digital and information literacy. More than 100 libraries have subscribed to Literati Public since it launched less than three months ago.
Key features and benefits of Literati Public include the following:
- Over three million reference entries along with more than 550,000 images, audio files and videos that enhance learning
- A growing selection of nearly 10,000 Topic Pages that integrate Credo's content with a library's existing resources and discovery services, extending their value
- Mind Map and other embedded tools that provide a powerful way to visualize and understand the research process
- Librarian Connect for on-demand access to librarians via text, chat and email
- Homework help and online tutors
- Boopsie integration for mobile access
- Usage reports and assessment tools
- Customized and complementary services provided by Credo's on-staff instructional librarians and educators that help people 'learn to learn.' These services can include tutorials, grant writing, marketing, library outreach and more.
"Literati provides much more than just reference content: it is a fully customizable, collaborative solution that helps libraries support learning," said Mike Sweet, Credo's CEO. "We are thrilled that Literati Public has been recognized by the SIIA and selected as a finalist for its prestigious CODiE award."
"The CODiE Awards competition was extremely competitive this year with a record number of innovative products and solutions competing," said Kathy Greenler Sexton, VP & General Manager for the Content Division at SIIA. "All of our CODiE Awards finalists should be commended for their innovation and market-leading products and services."
CODiE Award winners will be announced during a special luncheon on January 31 in New York City during the SIIA's annual flagship conference for information industry leaders, IIS 2013: Breakthrough.
Credo is Library Journal's "Best Overall" Reference 2012 and has been offering completely customizable, "best-in-class" reference collections for libraries since 2002. Credo's General Reference service empowers librarians and effortlessly delivers authoritative answers to millions of researchers worldwide. Literati offers tools and services to improve Digital and Information Literacy. Both platforms allow content expansion through highly acclaimed Publisher and Subject collections. Find more http://corp.credoreference.com.
About the SIIA
The Software & Information Industry Association (SIIA) is the principal trade association for the software and digital content industries, providing global services in government relations, business development, corporate education, and intellectual property protection to more than 700 organizations world-wide. The SIIA Content Division is one of six industry-focused divisions, and serves the media, publishing, information services and technology companies that drive the $462 billion content industry. For more information, visit www.siia.net/content