Crowdtilt Offers Secure Platform for Thanksgiving Related Fundraising Allows Individuals and Groups to Get the Most Out Of the Thanksgiving Break - Easy-to-Use Platform Enables Fundraisers to Be Created in Minutes
SAN FRANCISCO, Nov. 13, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Crowdtilt, a startup company that offers a simple-to-use platform where individuals and groups can fundraise, collect, or pool money online, announced today several fundraising ideas for Thanksgiving-related charitable giving or personal gatherings.
Crowdtilt's platform allows individuals to easily raise funds with the added benefit of Facebook and Twitter integration, which allows the campaign organizer to quickly share the campaign with their social circle. To begin using Crowdtilt, users simply set up a campaign page with a few key details, such as a minimum goal dollar amount that needs to be reached. Once a campaign reaches its minimum amount, the campaign "tilts," and the contributions are collected from each individual party and disbursed to the organizer.
Crowdtilt is ideal for various fundraising activities that can be centered around the Thanksgiving holiday including:
- Raise funds with friends or co-workers for a specific person or family affected by the devastation of Hurricane Sandy.
- Pool money for a large Thanksgiving dinner with friends and family. Cover the costs of food and drinks or even set up a travel fund for out-of-town guests.
- Raise cash for local shelters or soup kitchens that need additional funding for traditional Thanksgiving meals for the homeless and poor.
- Collect money for an early-season ski rental or an elaborate college football road trip.
- Run your own canned food drive. Instead of collecting the cans, simply encourage others to send money, and you can buy cans in bulk or on sale to save cash and donate a greater amount.
"Thanksgiving is of course a time for fun family gatherings, but it's also important to recognize the needs of others that are less fortunate," said James Beshara, Crowdtilt CEO and Co-Founder. "Crowdtilt is a fast and effective method of raising substantial funds for any charitable cause that helps people during the Thanksgiving holiday and beyond. It's also ideal for families and friends who need to pool money for a Thanksgiving party, family reunion, or even an elaborate football tailgate."
A completely secure platform that is intuitive and simple to use, Crowdtilt is the easiest way for friends to quickly set up a fundraising drive. Crowdtilt only takes a small 2.5% service fee if the objective is reached, providing users with a no-risk and secure platform to raise funds. To find out more, please visit www.crowdtilt.com.
Launched in February 2012, San Francisco-based Crowdtilt provides groups with an innovative way to raise, collect, and pool money for serious and fun endeavors. Funded by Y-Combinator, SV Angel, Crunch Fund, DCM Ventures, Paul Buchheit, Alexis Ohanian, and many others, the company was founded by entrepreneurs James Beshara and Khaled Hussein. For more information, visit crowdtilt.com.