- CEO Chuck Allen was named to the 2011 National Association of Corporate Directors (NACD) Directorship 100. Comprised of more than 11,000 members, the NACD recognizes the top 100 most influential people in corporate governance the boardroom.
- Brenda Torres, partner in the Audit and Financial Advisory practice in Crowe's South Bend, Indiana, office, was named the 2010 Influential Woman of the Year in the North Central Region by the American Society of Women Accountants and the American Women Society of CPAs. Brenda earned the prestigious award for her commitment to work/life balance and influence on others in the profession.
- Dorri McWhorter, partner in the Risk Consulting practice in Crowe's Chicago office, received the Young Professional Leadership Award from ATHENA International. The award honors outstanding women leaders of Chicago and who demonstrate the highest levels of professional excellence, community giving and actively assist women in realizing their full leadership potential.
- David Lifson, partner in the Tax practice of Crowe's New York office, received the Sustained Contribution Award from the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA). The award recognizes members who have contributed to the AICPA and CPA profession through their volunteer services.
- Michele Porfilio, assistant director in the People Services practice of Crowe's Oak Brook office, received the Strategic Leadership Award from the World HRD Congress. Michele received this award based on multiple competencies including strategic perspective, business goal management, risk management, team orientation and people management.
- Jay Mangel, partner in the Audit and Financial Advisory practice of Crowe's Los Angeles office, received the Most Trusted Advisor Award from the San Fernando Valley Business Journal. He was recognized for his commitment to high quality service, longevity as a professional and commitment to overall excellence.
- Cindy Kushner, partner in the Tax practice of Crowe's Fort Lauderdale office, received the 2011 Circle of Excellence Award as "Woman Entrepreneur," presented by the Greater Fort Lauderdale Chamber of Commerce's Women's Council. Cindy was recognized for her dedication and commitment to the community.
- Cindy Kushner also received the Key Partners Award from the South Florida Business Journal. The award was created to honor South Florida's top attorneys and accountants, based on demonstrated success over the past year to 18 months.
- Deborah Garringer, partner, and Magda Farren, senior manager, both in the Audit and Financial Advisory practice in Crowe's Tampa office, were honorees of the Florida Institute of CPAs Women to Watch Awards. Deborah received the Established Leader Award and Magda received the Emerging Leader Award.
- Jodi Kippe, partner in the Audit and Financial Advisory practice of Crowe's Fort Lauderdale office, received the Spirit of Leadership Award from the Women's Automotive Association. This award honors women who have shown outstanding leadership abilities in the automotive industry and the community.
- Kevin Wydra, partner in the Audit and Financial Advisory practice of Crowe's Oak Brook office, received a Distinguished Service Award from the Illinois CPA Society. This award is presented each year to individuals who have made considerable contributions to the society's efforts.
- Ann Lathrop, partner in the Marketing Development and Sales practice in Crowe's Indianapolis office, was named to the Indianapolis Business Journal's "Who's Who in Hospitality" list. Ann was recognized for being the first woman to become board president of the Marion County Capital Improvement Board and helping the organization through its deficit crisis.
- Ann Lathrop was also named a 2011 Woman of Influence by the Indianapolis Business Journal. Ann is the first woman to head the Capital Improvement Board and the city's first female controller.
- Mindy Herman, partner in the Performance practice in Crowe's Indianapolis office, won the 2011 Inspire Award. Presented by College Mentors for Kids, the Inspire Awards recognize individuals and businesses for mentoring in the workplace and in the community.
- Brenda Torres, partner in the Audit and Financial Advisory practice in Crowe's South Bend, Indiana, office, was named to the 2011 Forty Under 40 Class, presented by the Young Professionals Network, in collaboration with the Chamber of Commerce of St. Joseph County, the Greater Elkhart Chamber of Commerce and the South Bend Tribune.
- Rhonda Huismann, senior manager in the Tax practice of Crowe's Grand Rapids office, received the annual School of Accounting Hall of Fame Award from Grand Valley State University (GVSU). Rhonda has been a liaison between Crowe and GVSU and is very active with recruiting events.
- Stephen Bedell, senior manager in the Tax practice of Crowe's Columbus office, was named one of Columbus' "Forty Under 40" for 2011 by Columbus Business First. The list honors individuals who have excelled in professional development, awards and recognition and community involvement.
- Ben Borchers, senior staff in the Audit and Financial Advisory practice of Crowe's Columbus office, received the top award in the adult category at the LeaderSpark "Leaders Taking Flight" event. This award is presented based on dedication to mentoring youth and commitment to improving one's community.
About Crowe Horwath
Crowe Horwath LLP (www.crowehorwath.com) is one of the largest public accounting and consulting firms in the United States. Under its core purpose of "Building Value with Values®," Crowe assists public and private company clients in reaching their goals through audit, tax, advisory, risk and performance services. With offices coast to coast and 2,500 personnel, Crowe is recognized by many organizations as one of the country's best places to work. Crowe serves clients worldwide as an independent member of Crowe Horwath International, one of the largest networks in the world. The network consists of 150 independent accounting and management consulting firms with offices in more than 580 cities around the world.
SOURCE Crowe Horwath LLP